Posts by PedroH

I am considering buying a new system to listen to music in the office: - Mainly pop, rock, progressive and some jazz. - I may listen to CDs or SACDs but I will mostly input lossless files from a MacBookAir via USB. Files resolution is CD quality and above. - I will only use headphones (no speakers) mostly Grado RS1i (alternatively Beyerdynamic T1). I would like to try McIntosh and identified the MCD1100 model that seems to cover all my needs in a single...
Any opinion on the McIntosh MCD1100?
Thanks for the tip on the Weiss upgrade, now it's certainly on my short list.
Inputs = at least USB Outputs = at least RCA Headphone amp built in = nice to have but not a requisite Upsampling = nice to have but not a requisite. Do not know what you mean with "defeatable" Preamp = nice to have but not a requisite Remote = nice to have but not a requisite   Having said this, this DAC will be the cornerstone os a series of upgrades so I can flexible on the requisites and upgrade all the other components on the system to match this state-of-the-art...
Thanks for the Stereophile tip! It's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.   And yes, after upgrading the DAC I will have to update the amp later this year.
  I want to buy a world class DAC and I do not have budget restrictions up to 10.000 USD.   My current office system is: - MacBookAir with Decibel serving AppleLossless files, including some 96KHz 24bit high resolution files - Audiophilleo 1 (USB-SPDIF transport) - Meier StageDac (the DAC to be upgraded) - Meier Concerto (the headphone amp) - Ultimate Silver Dream interconnects   I mainly listen to pop, progressive, rock and hardrock and then a bit of...
What would be the best European dac maker / model at any price?   I have currently a Meier system that I like a lot but I want to upgrade.   Thanks.
I am using the Audiophilleo 1 connected to a Meier StageDac mainly to be able to play high resolution files via USB (as via USB this DAC only processes up to 48KHz).   The question I have is: in the near future wouldn't it make sense for these emerging USB-SPDIF transports to be bundled into the DAC in a single product? It seems that we are dealing with weaknesses / obsolescence of our DACs by having to buy external components...
My office system:   Meier Corda Stagedac Meier Corda Concerto Grado RS1i Sieveking Sound Omega Headphone Stand
@ Iamoneagain, thanks for the tip on Audirvana Plus.   Downloaded the trial and compared with iTunes, Decibel, Amarra and Fidelia. In my opinion Audirvana delivers the best sound, an amazing warm and exciting sound. Also liked the interface simulating an HiFi component.   This comparison also reminded me how bad iTunes sounds.   In the Audirvana FAQs, founded this comment:   "Audirvana fully works under Lion. But as of today (10.7.1), Lion is not...