Posts by PedroH

Ok. It's working! Thanks!!
Thanks. What's the "sound" app on the Mac? I've configured: use the AK240 for sound output in the Audio MIDI Setup...
I've connected the AK240 to my Macbook as a USB dac.  Adjusted Audio Media setup to play sound via the AK240. However no sound from the headphones connected directly to the AK240.   Question: when used as USB dac the AK240 headphone amp is bypassed / I have to use an external amp?   Thanks.
When listening to the SR009, if you shake your head do you listen to noise? My SR009 does an unpleasant noise if I tilt my head... maybe the cable pushed against my shoulders... is this normal?
Why did you discard the STAX?
Initial impressions (paired with Earsonics EM6):   1. Physical build and quality is superb i.e at least on par with an iPhone and I would say higher quality as the body is more complex. The box, the leather case and the AK240 itself all scream high end.   2. Sound quality surpasses anything I've heard in compact form: Audioquest Dragonfly; Meridian Explorer and it seems better than my Ayre QB9 (but I've still to compare the AK240 with the QB9 and my top of the line...
Just ordered a AK240!
@ALRAINBOW, Why is an iPod worse than an iPhone? @flaco, thanks.
Is it certain that the S5 works flawlessly with the Hugo? I'm ready to jump and buy a Hugo but struggling to find user reports on S5+Hugo working together to play high resolution 24bit files.