Posts by vpsporb

Yeah, I was confused about that discription as worded myself.  From what I understand my Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP mobo and Asus D2X soundcard COAX-OUTs are at best "Mid range" products. "already quite High-end" is Pro-Audio spec.  way above "consumer grade" that I have.   Digital Interface ver.A COAX-IN w/ regulated power, Shapes and Defines the music so exquisitely.. that I would not like the "sound" of my DAC without it. (that statement i would have laughed at a few...
Thanks for your post tarsik. As Incredible as your Mods are.. sadly they are waay beyond my skill level, as I just started soldering on interconnects. If I had the skills, I'd do the Mods in a heart-beat!   @acenes: "I first purchased the nfb12 , then the nfb11 with ver. A digital interface (cables too) in pursuit of a sound-stage that might engage me , no deal. "   Did you try connecting from PC/Source to your DI ver.A via COAX?  I found it to be a rather noticable...
@zenki14:   The good thing about the DI is that altho it may cost a bit much to pair with a lower cost A-GD DAC.  I can enjoy it's superb SQ now, and it can migrate with me when I upgrade to a Higher end A-GD DAC in the future.   Yes the NFB-11 COAX is better sounding than both Toslink and USB. I guess "pretty good" would be "great sounding" if I didn't hear COAX to DI..   It sounds so incredible out to Z5500 speakers.. today I had a huge grin on my face...
Hey Bros!  (NFB-11 owner)  :)   DI mentioned... I'll just leave this tidbit here..   If you have a COAX-out on your PC/MAC... Digital Interface ver.A  is a "Must Have"   USB->NFB-11=good USB->DI ver.A->COAX->NFB-11= noticably Better COAX->NFB-11=pretty good COAX->DI ver.A->COAX->NFB-11=Amazingly Good      Quite startling how good COAX->COAX sounds.   from... http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516886/audio-gd-nfb-11/870#post_7424082   to read...
Hey AlexRoma,   Yes my NFB-11 is the USB version, mine has a Hosonic 80.000 clock on a riser. (there's a pic a few pages back) My Digital Interface has the TXCO upgrade clock, the recent testing was all done with no upsampling tho. To me.. USB to NFB-11= good USB to DI = better (noticably) COAX to NFB-11= pretty good (just tested) COAX to DI= bestest   Yes I agree, I was led to believe the same.... DI=HQ USB converter/interface, so I've also been...
Maybe this should be posted in the Digital Interface thread? but... it might help-out a new NFB-11 user get the best from it.   The other night my PC barfed on the TE7022 USB driver, and trying everything...I could not re-connect to my DI ver.A with USB ... I thought it was broked. :(  Very sad... I was finally forced to try the COAX-in of my DI... and it Worked... yay! What I was not expecting was... it sounds really noticably Better! The volume is increased...
(I didn't know where to post these mods... here is as good as any?)   These are great cans modded! I find it disconcerting that I'm enjoying them more than my HD600 lately. :)   Re-cabled, they sound much better than stock...more bass definition, mids and highs were less harsh. I still found them to be a bit too boomy, and was reaching for the HD600s almost all the time.. except to test with. Now with 2 more mods, they're quite awesome set of cans.....
Nice! I didn't know BRZ were still available, I think all B's should be the same grade tho. I hope you get your 797BRZ soldered-up before your trip, and that they synergise well with the 4032s. It'll be fun to test on your flight, 'tho passengers may see an inscrutable look on your face.. as you try and judge the sonic characters! :)   Bored this eve... leaving 797BR in L/R, I rolled Dummy buffs, Stock buffs, LME49720HA as buffs.... then rolled 797BRs back in as...
  Small update: Full AD797's in D6 brings the battery life down to 10.5hrs of runtime, hungry little buggers they are! It's good enuff for my walkabouts and home-use, for longer "outings" it's great that rolling a more power conservative set of op-amps is soo easy with the clamshell case. "2 thumbs waay up"!   With HD600/UPOCC cable I was switching inputs between D6-AD797BR and MiniHead-OPA627BP, and I love both op-amps for their own flavours... both are...
  It looks like I'm lucky I have not had the ticking/popping with my D6.   I've just installed Win7 ServicePack1... for the new USB Audio driver, and also did a USB polling tweak previously that may help? http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=pcaudio&m=78994  setting can enable/disable easily. In Win7 playback devices/ iBasso speaker/ make sure to "disable all enhancements" I'm genuinely curious in what could be causing the popping with some...