Posts by bisayaboi

If you read posts by other people, you would have known the statement, "no matter how much DAC's are better and improved than one another, the improvements are inaudible to the human ear". has been made.   Where's the objective data that DAC's can improve sound or that better DAC's exist out there? And if you do have that data, is it audible to the human ear? It has already been known that the improvements are inaudible and insignificant to the human ear.   It's like if...
Where and when did I say a DAC should improve sound quality? That's the exact opposite of what I'm saying.;    
Perfect post. If you can get past all this, EQ is perhaps the greatest tool in achieving one's perfect sound.   People get tube amps to "color" sound. I ask, why not just equalize?    
Tell me objectively, exactly how a DAC is supposed to enhance sound quality. All a DAC is supposed to is convert digital data to an analog signal.   If that's all DAC's do, tell me why should I break the bank for a component that simply converts digital data to an analog signal? As far as I know, DAC's do nothing to improve sound quality.   One is better off getting a better source/recording of their music if they really want better quality than buying a "better"...
Read all the posts by the other posters here. They already said it for me.    
Yeah but isn't that for recording purposes (and also gaming, like my Xtreme X-fi Gamer) and not outputting sound? Like aameford said:   DAC's simply converts digital data into analog wave form. It shouldn't add anything to the sound but make recording sound 100% authentic to it's recording.    
Well if my integrated sound chipset happened to be good that's nice but the point I'm trying to convey is that anything over $100 spent on DAC's is a waste since as long as the DAC is of good enough quality it will sound the same. Hell, possibly spending over $30-50 might be waste...    
This is all subjective of course, but my IB English teacher taught me that if you want your statement to be stronger, don't mention "in my opinion" even though it is an indeed an OPINION.   I'm not gonna get into computer audio but I believe the different methods they output sound makes a difference. Or iTunes output of direct sound just sucks.   Honestly if DAC's/Amps/cables can't objectively improve sound then there IS NO DIFFERENCE. Just hype/placebo. It's the same as...
Indeed. A thunder storm killed a PCI slot in my PC which held the X-Fi Xtremegamer card. I had no choice but to use my integrated sound card.   Sad, I was about to look for a new DAC when...   I realized there is no difference in sound between my integrated sound card and my X-Fi Xtremegamer.   It truly is all placebo and hype. For a second I thought it sounded worse but it turned out that way because I ASSUMED it would sound worse. It didn't, it sounds...
Impression Update 6/24:   I've been listening to the ATH-ES55 because I'm babysitting my cousin and I'm not gonna bring my HD650 rig over here. And my first impressions weren't lying. These sound SO good.   Nothing much has changed in my impression but what I really noticed is how good the detail retrieval on these are. Seriously I feel like I'm hearing as much detail as I would on my HD650. Clarity is breathtaking and one of the best in this price range, and...