Posts by tzjin

Brian did an awesome job repairing my GR07's and converting them to use detachable cables. He was also very understanding of a travel commitment, and even expedited the work so the IEM's would come back in time!
Any updates here? Also, is there any information available on the length of the cable? 
Sorry for the late reply! The Momentums have a reasonable soundstage and slightly elevated bass. I would recommend taking a look at other reviews if you want to get a better idea of what they sound like.   http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-momentum
I am selling my over-ear Sennheiser Momentums. These are the original edition, in brown. They sound great, but I recently upgraded to an Audeze Sine, and as such have not used them much. As seen in the pictures, these headphones are in excellent condition. They will come with the carrying case, a cable with mic + iOS control and one without, and a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Please let me know if you have any questions!   Looking for $110 OBO including Paypal and shipping...
Sweet sounding headphone I unfortunately no longer have time to listen to. They have been modded and measured according to the instructions by bluemonkeyflyer. The excellent orthodynamic drivers from Fostex have been brought to their full potential. They hit quickly, with excellent punchy bass and a clear treble. The sound signature could be described as close to reference, with a slight emphasis on the low end. They blow both the ATH-M50, and AKG K550 cleanly out of the...
Price drop!    Home from school again, and reopening this listing. Unfortunately, don't spend enough time at home to justify keeping a desktop setup. MSRP is $450, but putting a low price in the hope that someone else will be able to provide a home and enjoy this amp!    Up for sale is a Shonyun 301 Pro in excellent condition. This is a two-piece unit, with the power supply and amplifier housed in separate enclosures. They stack neatly on top of one another, and...
I regularly run my GR07 straight out of the UD100 and have had no problems yet. The same goes for a few other headphones I have. This DAC is USB-powered; it should not have the capability of blowing out a pair of headphones.
For a 4-pin XLR? One ground-signal pair should be going to each RCA. The inner section is signal, the outer ring is ground.
The UD100 sounds great, but is balanced across the board in terms of sound. Bass is tighter, and the highs are clearer with possibly a tad of emphasis. I'd expect the Hifimediy to sound roughly the same. 
And if the plethora of links above do not have what you are looking for, take a meander around Lunashops.com. They have plenty of nice plugs for reasonable prices.