Posts by tzjin

Up for sale is a Shonyun 301 Pro in excellent condition. This is a two-piece unit, with the power supply and amplifier housed in separate enclosures. They stack neatly on top of one another, and connect with an included power cable.   The both units are in very good shape, with only a few minor cosmetic nicks (such as on the lettering of the power supply). There are two on the amplifier itself, one in the front, and a tiny scratch on the volume knob.They are quite...
I regularly run my GR07 straight out of the UD100 and have had no problems yet. The same goes for a few other headphones I have. This DAC is USB-powered; it should not have the capability of blowing out a pair of headphones.
For a 4-pin XLR? One ground-signal pair should be going to each RCA. The inner section is signal, the outer ring is ground.
The UD100 sounds great, but is balanced across the board in terms of sound. Bass is tighter, and the highs are clearer with possibly a tad of emphasis. I'd expect the Hifimediy to sound roughly the same. 
And if the plethora of links above do not have what you are looking for, take a meander around Lunashops.com. They have plenty of nice plugs for reasonable prices.
If you look at the second plug you posted, you'll notice that there is a short cylinder of a smaller diameter near the base. That is designed to be used with music players in cases. I believe most Neutrik plugs have them. Also, there's nothing wrong with recabling headphones for use with mobile devices. My modded T50RP came with a 4-pin XLR adapter that I replaced with a TRS plug. It just made my setup cleaner with one fewer adapter laying around.
The portable aspect will be very difficult to achieve. Speaker drivers are relatively easy to procure, but not ones that sound decent and are high-enough efficiency to perform off a battery-powered amplifier. Your best bet may be just to buy the Logitech Bluetooth speaker off Amazon.
Take a look at the Mayflower Electronics T50RP. It looks like a perfect match for what you are looking for!
I typically do not use EQ, but thank you for the tip!
There was some others who reported damping the back, although I believe they used felt. Either way, if I get the time, I may try this.