Posts by Linus108

For the record, I just wanted to thank those of you that sent kind PMs about my hearing. Yes, I know that irritation of the ears can be remedied by lowering the volume and getting a good mix. I'm not selling these solely on my Doctors suggestion. There is more to it then that.   The HD-800s sound signature (even when I listen low) don't mix well with my sensitive ears. So this + the fact that I think it's time I take better care of my hearing, is the real reason I'm...
I'm selling my 3 month old HD-800s. SN is in the 149xx range. The reason I'm selling these fairly new headphones is because my doctor told me I need to stop listening to music with headphones. I know, really sad news. I've always had semi-hearing problems growing up, but my love of music always got the better of me. Going to too many concerts, listening to music way too loud. I'm not in danger, it's just the recommendation of my doctor to stop now, and I'm going to listen...
Still waiting for my cracked LCD 2 to be fixed and sent back.    Yeesh, all these expensive headphones with these production problems. For your sake, I hope you get a good one this time. :)  
IMO G-Cush changed the sound for the worse on the PS500's. I can understand why some would prefer it. Like others have said, larger sound stage, the bass isn't as intrusive, much more comfortable. But the very reason I liked the PS500 sound was that it was punchy/fun. And I really thought that was taken away from them with the new ear pads. Granted, I was using my friends for a day. So I'm not the best person to really ask. Maybe had I spent more time with the PS500s...
Katun, haven't talked to you in a long time! You were always helpful, good to see ya. :)  
Oh see, I didn't know this. Thanks for that.   Do you know if these issues, occur often after they have been fixed by them? Or is it just an issue they have at the start of production of new headphones. Not sure if that question makes sense. I'm just wondering if the build quality issues persist after one sends them in for fixes.     
I agree with this.   To be honest, I'm not very familiar with the history of Audeze, and what their track record is on here when it comes to build quality (especially years down the road). But if a handful of people had cracks (and around the same time) then it stands within reason, it was an isolated incident to a batch of them made.   I'm just a really poor student right now, that basically saved up small amounts of money over 2 years to afford them + a nice amp. So for...
Kind of bummed I didn't grab these when the prices were lower. I'm using my friends HD-600 while my LCD-2s are being repaired, and I've realized I really like the Sennheiser sound.   I wanted to buy one, but they are now $499 Does anyone know if these pair well with the Schiit Lyr? 
Ah sweet, you are from Portland.    I have a lot of good friends up there. I actually don't have a big excuse. I'm from Southern California, and there are some places to try out headphones. But they are still 3-4 hours away from where I live. So it's not entirely viable for me.    I need to start going to meets. Never been, and always wanted to go. Anyways, I agree 100% with you in regards to buying. I would never want to speak for others when it comes to their purchasing...
I can't help but feel a bit bad for Mike. Like you guys, I think he's a good guy and I've always enjoyed his writings.    But I also understand the problem with writing about a new product that cost so much money, and the influence it can have on those reading. Realistically, no one should be relying 100% on what someone else says to make their purchases. But in a hobby like this (especially with the more expensive headphones), sometimes all you can do is rely on...