Posts by xStreame

Have not had enough experience with the Q701 for a comparism, but this review will help http://www.headfonia.com/akgs-new-reference-the-k550/
Flathead in general. But depending on the genre of music, I sometimes use Bass/Treble boost
God. This hurts...
Report please
  Report as soon as you have results please
*deleted*
bump, Please leave your impressions, K550 owners!
To make sure your friend won't have any fitting issues with the K550, make sure he's doesn't have a small head and/or wears glasses. These cans really need to seal well to deliver their optimal sound
Thanks for leaving your impression. Do you think the asgard has a bigger impact on the overall sound signature of the K550 or is it your hrt2_ dac?   My next upgrade should improve the soundstage as well as give these cans a little more warmth. Question is: will a tube amp be too much? My budget will be at about $200
Hey everybody,   I've been lurking around for quite a while and have been thinking of getting a desktop amp for my K550's.  The thing is most people who haven't heard the K550 just recommend a cheap or no amp at all. I recently upgraded from my E7 to an E17, and noticed quite a big difference with these cans. I know that they are only 32Ω, but the majority of K550 users say that these cans benefit well from amping. Also, I found a post on Innerfidelity where...