Posts by budgetboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5vACTfYOU
Um3x in great condition, original case, no tips. I recommend the Shure Olive tips in small size. Shipping not included.
Just to clarify, the J3 is still available. I apologize for not answering my PM's, I just started my Freshman year of college and have been staying off Head-Fi for study reasons.   I just bumped the price up by $25 and decided that shipping is not included in the price because of increased interest in the J3 since its discontinuation.   The product has been sitting in a safe unused for a couple months. I tested it out, tried to run down the battery by leaving it...
This is a bit of a niche question, but I'll shoot.   I recently acquired a Macbook Pro Retina.   On the specs page (http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/), under "audio", it states:   Support for audio line out (digital/analog)   Image: http://i.imgur.com/Equbn.png       I'm a Recording Arts Major using Logic Pro to produce music, and I'm about to buy some (active) studio monitors. From the audio theory I've learned here, a line out is...
Thanks for the recommendation, just sent BTG a message as well.
Tdpeek3 - That looks really good, actually. And the listing makes it sound pretty durable as well. It looks a little big though, how does it work out for you in your day-to-day life?   Thanks for the great recommendation Ricerocket!   I've decided to forgo cable turtles and just get them re-terminated. Head-Fi user Soundstige has offered to do it for $25 + connector + shipping, and I'm also looking into using Moon Audio. I'm thinking about half the length would...
Thanks for the recommendation. I've sent them a message. Head-Fi user Soundstige also offered to perform the service. I'm looking into both options currently.
Do you want to be able to use them outside? If so, the Pro 900s are the only real choice there. The Denons have very little isolation and the AKGs have a very long cord. But if they're to be home headphones, it comes down to comfort and sound signature. I haven't tried the Ultrasones, but FWIR they are less comfortable than both the Denons and AKGs. As a current owner of the AKG's, the soundstage and detail they project are amazing from any decent source with quality...
I'd recommend the Headstage Arrow. Real slim design, great feature set, and you really don't need the added power you'd get with a bulkier amp, as the W3s are ridiculously sensitive. The EQ functions are nice to have, and probably sound a good deal better, in terms of basic bass boost, treble boost, and crossfade, than those on the Cowon. But the big question is whether or not you need an amp at all. Adding an amp would surely make a difference, but given the sensitivity...
I love my K550s. The sound is, to my ears, pretty amazing. But with their sensitivity, durability, and looks, I'd love to use them outside as well as indoors. However, the cable is something like 3 meters, which makes it very awkward to use them out and about. My search for portable circumaural headphones with similar sound quality has so far been fruitless, so I ask you: where can I send my K550s to have them re-terminated to a quality 3.5mm female jack? I'd love to be...