Posts by KneelJung

Just ordered this from Amazon. It's a 2DVD - 2CD set that looks awesome.
Recently my modded Fostex T50 made its way to BMF via WJE. Wayne had loaned me a pair of headphones, and I sent my T50's his way when I returned his. I was looking for some impressions, and asked if he thought BMF would be interested in listening to them and providing some impressions and some tips as well. Keith ended up doing a little more than that, and now my T50's sound quite a bit different than when Wayne heard them, or when Keith received them. BMF basically did...
I listened to it on MOG. Her website directs you to Amazon or itunes where it's only available as an mp3.
  Great record, thanks!
  Yeah, it's a pretty fun exercise,. I've had that Whitley CD for twenty some years. Not sure I've had it since it was released, but pretty close. I've had Into The Great Wide Open, which was also mentioned for quite a while too. I've also had the Fire Inside by Seger since it came out in 91, and it still gets an occasional listen. No one mentioned that one, so a tip of the hat to Bob.
  There is actually a thread on tonewoods too if you search for it. I hope this helps though.          
African Blackwood Martin Custom Audio     My Blackwoods  
  Howdy!   Thought I'd chime in and say hello. I really liked those Lambda's Chris. If my HK wouldnt have blown that channel, they may have never left. What's up Marvin? I know this exchange between Chris and yourself was almost two weeks ago, but I havent been posting or reading much lately. Anyway I never found the Lambda's bright. The tone and timbre via the HK was perfect in my opinion. It synergized well with my 225's too. I used to listen to my HF2 a lot with it as...
  Chris Whitley ~ Living With The Law   Lot's to choose from in 91, but this is easily my favorite. This is just good music. There is not a weak track on the entire record IMO. Lyrically Whitley penned some great songs, and he can sing. Musically, if you like a blues stew of sorts, Whitley delivers his acoustic and electric blues with a mix of country and rock. The record was recorded in Daniel Lanois  New Orleans mansion and produced by Michael Burn. Sadly...
Maybe you should have titled your thread best album released in 1980. Semantics and technicalities aside, even if the cool kids going to record stores and buying imports got their hands on a copy of London Calling the day it was released, they would have only been able to listen to it for the last two weeks of 1979. I'm pretty sure it qualifies as one of the best album of 1980 because it's what people were listening to in 1980, and has already been mentioned it wasnt...