Posts by jtaylor991

It's just hard to measure the quality of the Loki because of its independent nature. We're trying to get a grip on how good of a DAC Loki really is...with no point of reference. I'm sure it's plenty good, but is the little $150 DAC going to do proper justice to those ultra hi-res files, especially compared to high-end PCM DACs?
Is there a perceived benefit to converting PCM to DSD to play back on Loki vs. a high-end PCM DAC? I'm confused how one can make a $150 DAC that could outperform SO much higher, even being DSD only. Is it the money into all the stuff surrounding the DAC that makes them more expensive, and not the DAC chip itself? It just seems like the things those high-end DACs have that make them $500, $1k+ couldn't be present in the Loki at $150. If anything I'd think there'd need to be...
I've been kinda out of the audiophilia game for a while, I took a break. I'm a high school student who had the realization that I was spending mad money on equipment with barely any music to enjoy! So I've gotten into buying plenty of vinyl and CDs (still not much of a collection relative to lifelong head-fiers, I've only been alive under two decades!). Anyway, I haven't gotten into SACDs, my music preferences generally aren't on that, same for hi-rez FLAC. I'm working...
My sister got a litter box that uses these small cylindrical pellets (like 1/3 length of your finger) that dry out the poop and you just scoop it right out, and then the urine goes through the bottom onto an absorbent pad you just toss out (prevents clumping that apparently some cat urine can do when mixed with litter). Works alright, it seems.   Whoever had the grey cat named Storm..looks just like my cat!! I thought he was a Chartreux, but maybe not. I never knew, but...
I have this Audio-gd Compass headphone amp and DAC (and preamp) combo. I don't really use it anymore, so I'd like to sell it. Nothing wrong except for a scratch on one side (pictured). Works great! I'd definitely recommend it for a beginners' rig for Sennheiser HD650s (or other cans/headphones too, just a good all-rounder to start with). Includes USB cable, power cable, and a 1/4" to 1/8" (larger stereo jack to 3.5mm heaphone jack) adapter (pictured).   This model has...
I really don't have any gear to bring to the table anymore, I decided to put my money towards actual music (I'm pretty young, a high school teen doesn't need to be putting his money to equipment as much when he already has a nice stereo and only like 200 albums of music to listen to )   I have my PS Audio DLIII DAC to bring. And I'm still interested in hearing other stuff, just not buying or anything. Let me know what happens.
Hey guys what's the latest version? I'm running aroldan's build listed above. Well see my post. Is he out of commission or what? Should I upgrade to another rockbox (i.e. not aroldan's custom)? Could I upgrade the same way, just replace the '.rockbox' folder in the root of the drive?
Hey guys. I Rockboxed in Jan or Feb and haven't updated since. Currently running version "93130beM-130110". Where should I update. I'm pretty sure I got this build from the aroldan dropbox. I was just in there and last update was 6 months ago, not long after I Rockboxed. Did something happen, am I missing something?
Hey guys, temporarily back in just to drop in. I kinda just left Head-Fi after selling my headphones to get out of debt and then moving my stereo into my main living space, removing the need for headphones. Now my money can go to actual music! It's been fun, no animosity, but I need to get away from the constant saving and cash dropping on gear.   On Windows 8, 8.1 would give you a Start button that you can right click for a few more thigns that were harder to find...