Posts by ExpatinJapan

The Hifi-M8 is also compatible with some Android products.Also a member seems to have got it working with Fiio X5, bit of a jumble of cables though.   Also look at the Centrance upcoming Mini-M8 thread. It has many input variations/options.
Did you try a reset on the classic? Hold play button and center button.
Some photos which I think are from Capital Audiofest.   Mini-M8 with the AK100 (?) Hifi-M8 and Mini-M8.     Quite a size difference, more pocketable.   Mini-M8 and AK240.     Mini-M8 and Hifiman 901.
Annnnd....crash.
Its good to see Centrance coming to this thread and answering our questions promptly. Thanks!
these idevice dac/amps dont work with 5.5 ipod videos. Sorry.
From the Centrance updated website:`Mini-M8 is ideally suited for driving IEM headphones. Our flagship HiFi-M8 continues to be our most powerful amp -- it drives the most challenging over-head cans in the world. But if you prefer IEM listening, you don't need all that power -- and then Mini-M8 is for you!` ;)
Looks like the mini-m8 is up on the Centrance store.     http://centrance.com/store/#!/~/product/category=7071966&id=38465757     Details: This product is currently out of stock. We are now taking orders for shipping in September 2014. Mini-M8 is a portable audiophile DAC with a balanced headphone amplifier, 24/192kHz audio bandwidth, super-low THD, four digital inputs, DSD and asynchronous USB. Inputs include iPhone/iPad, USB, optical and coaxial SPDIF.
Thanks :).   Ah, I think i get it.       Fiio X5 goes via the Fiio 3.5mm to RCA cable,  then to the blue coaxial cable to the coaxial/optical convertor box.   From the coaxial/optical convertor box it goes  (+a small adapter?) via Toslink cable  into the Hifi-M8.   From the  Hifi-m8 to headphones/speaker system.       The third cable is an AC power cable.     A bit messy of course, but seems to be effective. ;) Good job.