Posts by Detex

With their prices isn't every day like Black Friday? Seriously, their prices are pretty damn good and their service is outstanding!
I have not but that is a good idea. I did notice a few setting changed after the move such as EQs being turned on and volume leveling stuff as well... With those off it did sound far better but I am not sure it is to where it was just yet.
I am thinking the Mac is doing something different since the lady friend noticed it right away. It is like listening to music in a car with one speaker now... I think there must be some settings that changed in the background but I can't find them.
I am reading that Yosemite has been causing audio problems (for some) but those problems seem to be more spotty... Has anyone else experienced this?
I just picked up a new(er) Mac Mini and swapped everything over through a time machine transfer and now the sound is VERY thin and muffled. Before everything sounded pretty excellent but now there is a total lack of body and the sound is muffled... Any thoughts would be great.   Went from a late 2009 mini to a late 2012 mini. Nothing else changed.   System components:   PS Audio DA converter. VTL IT-85 Amp Devore Gibbons Speakers. HD600 Headphones.     I...
They are offering the deal again!   So far I am enjoying these quite well for commuting. They are pretty comfortable and the controls work well. I kinda wish the mic was on the right hand side but it is not a bid deal. As for cable noise while walking, I haven't noticed too much.       New:  2 Pairs Velodyne In-Ear Headphones for $40 + free shipping Velodyne offers two pairs of Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones in Pink for $40 with free shipping via the directions...
Got mine yesterday. I left them on last night for a little burn in and so far they sound pretty good and definitely better than any $30 headphone I have ever heard, I would even say they are (so far) worth the $100 MSRP. The bass is DEEP and pretty clear but I am hesitant to call it overpowering. I normally listen to a lot of singer songwriter stuff with some hip hop/trip hop mixed in. They DO have a little bit of micro-phonics but I kinda expect that out of anything that...
from Dealmac today:   New:  Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Case for $29 + free shipping Velodyne offers its Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Remote and Mic in Blue, Black, or Pink, and the Velodyne vPulse Carrying Case, for $29 with free shipping via the directions below. That beats our June mention, which was the same price but lacked the case, and is the lowest total price we've seen. (It's also a current price low for the Pink version by $4, and at least...
I had a listen to the M&Ds yesterday at Stereo Exchange in NYC. They have them set-up in the middle listening area with a pretty cool tube amp that looks like it was probably made for them. The fit and finish of the phones are awesome and nicer than most anything I have seen lately. They just feel really solid. For sound quality I would say they sounded great but more leaning towards fun rather than reference. All in all a really nice set of headphones that I would say...
My volume and center button did work but just seemed to stop. Otherwise the cable works great for me...