Posts by snaps11

The headband is marred up on the left side (plastic part).  It's not really scratched, the best way I can describe it is that it looks like if you were to constantly rub two of those pieces together it would take away the matte finish and make it shiny.  It would be fine if it was uniform but this is in a funny looking zig zag pattern that is pretty noticeable up close.  Other than that, if I decide to keep these I will send out for the Sennheiser freq response graph so...
Both pairs were brand new, never used.  I agree that one could say "you did not try each of them back to back". However with the old pair there are certain albums I could not even listen to and had very high amounts of sibilance and was slightly shrill.  I am getting none of that with these.  The current pair still has more brightness than my HD-650 but no where near the same amount as the last pair.    I have not touched my volume on my amp in the last 3 months so I...
I bought my first one 3 weeks ago from headroom (they had just recieved a fresh shipment). I sent that one back because of a cosmetic issue and the new one I recieved today.  I would like to say the difference is minor but it is not at all.  I would have to say the difference is  huge. It is like I recieved a pair that has no treble peak at all and is silky smooth in every way.   I did notice less bass however but that is okay in my book.  This new pair also has cosmetic...
Hello, today I recieved my second pair or HD-800s (long story) and one sounds a bit different than the other.  The first pair I had sounded very bright to the point where it drove me nuts but however this second pair I have is much more mellow on the high end.  Overall the sound is much more improved.  Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.  The serial number on the new one is 12XXX and the old one was 11XXX.  To those that have tried the HD-800 and found it...
The HD-650 will sound different on different amp/dac combos.  On the Burson HA-160 + DA-160 combo the impact between the both was pretty darn close for me.  For me the LCD-2 started to feel really heavy after about 2 hours. Most of the neck problems came in because I was looking down most of the time reading a book (studying for college courses).  The neck issues may not be as bad if you are looking up most of the time. However, I have never had this issue with any other...
After having the LCD-2 r2 I would not pay more than $500 to get them back.  They are big, heavy, and not that huge of a difference from the HD-650 IMO. The build in my particular pair was very much so lacking and Audeze did not want to help me but YMMV.  The LCD-2 is a upgrade from the HD-650 but if you want something different I wouldn't go LCD-2.  They were great at first but they seemed to have more downfalls than redeeming attributes.
Creative Gigaworks s750.  Creative X-fi xtreme music.  I love them both <3 .  I would like to see what Creative IEMs can do!
The HD800 is nice.  However you will probably find it very bright compared to the HD-650.  In my rig it feels like the hd800 has slightly less bass but it is more detailed.  I think the hd-650 and hd-800 have about the same amount of bass but one gets lost in the mids and highs of the hd800 and the bass no longer feels real significant.  If you are concerned with weight at all do not go LCD-2 I found them to be very heavy and actually cause me some neck problems.  The...
    If you did not listen to them side by side I don't know if you can make that judgement.  Maybe your tastes changed since you tried the 650? Either way if you ended up liking the LCD-2 thats all that matters =).  From what you are saying it sounds like I must have done a good job for Audeze to not return any of my emails...... Oh well im not going to loose any sleep.    
You are making me wonderAlghazanth if I somehow got a r1.  My serial number says no but my impression of it seems to fit in with what everyone says about the r1.