Posts by chinsettawong

Ok, here is an update of my Stax plug.         I've put up the file at here   You need to sacrifice the pins from 2 sets of XLR male plugs to make a piece of this.  The holes are design to be a tight fit for the pins.  Depending on the accuracy of the 3d printer you use, you might need to enlarge the holes a little before you can squeeze the pins in.  Well, you might need a hammer to knock the pins in.     Wachara C.
 Hi Arnaud,I do feel that the color is too flashy too.  However, it's just a preliminary prototype to prove that it works.  I have a plan to print it out using black ABS plastic.         When I'm old and retired, I might consider just that.  For now, everything is just for fun. 
 Thanks.  I've been having a lot of fun learning to use the printer.  I think I have learned quite a few things so far.      The ABS plastic is quite good.  It's melting point is high, and so I try to use it to make a male jack for the headphones.  Looks like it might just work.    
What a fun machine a 3D printer is!  I think it has a very good potential.           
I have a Prusa i3.  The working area is only 180 mm x 180 mm.  My intention is to use it to make parts like the arc and headband.  I'm still learning to draw and having a hard time puting holes in their precise locations.    Unfortunately, I don't have a good camera with me now.  Following pictures are the best that I could take.  I still need to learn a lot about this 3d printing.  I think it has a good potential.    
I bought a 3D printer last month, and have been learning to draw 3D models.  So, here is my first version of a 3D printed Omega Clone cup.  If it turns out any good, I'll share the file with you.    
I'm sorry that I can't help with arranging the GB.  However, if you need any of my designs, I'm more than willing to share them.  Just let me know.   Here are the detail measurements of my latest Float style headphones.         While getting the parts is only half of the process, please don't be discourage to try and explore the different techniques of tensioning and coating the diaphragms.  It will take sometime to master it, but I can assure you that it will...
I feel that the Float style headphones are really good and easy to DIY.  For me, the most difficult parts to make are the ear pads and headband.  If you follow how I make the Float style headphones, you'll see that I use welding rods to make the arc of the headband, a piece of leather for the head pad, and foam covers with cloth as ear pads.     I will post a detail drawing soon (I'm still learning to use CAD).     Wachara C.
I tested the Float style headphones for a few hours yesterday, and everything is fine.  They are my gift to Kevin for his kind generosity and contribution to the DIY community.   Please don't laugh at my headphones though.    They sound good, but they look kind of .....    Wachara C.
Let me show you a technic I use to clean small dust on my stators.       As you peel out the adhesive tape,  the dust go off with it.     Wachara C.