Posts by chinsettawong

In SR007, the distance between diaphragm and stator is only 0.5 mm.  When there is a change in the pressure inside the cup, it's possible to make the diaphragm bounce somewhat.  If there is too much pressure change, the diaphragm hits the stator.  Imagine that you're wearing the headphones.  The earpads make a perfect seal between your ears and your headphones.  When you move the headphones around even a tiny bit, the pressure inside the seal changes. The fart sound is...
Come on guys! I've been trying to show you that there are a lot of commonly available stuffs that you can use to make a good coating material on the diaphragm. Of course, it's rather difficult to find the exact same product in every country. But I'm sure you can find something useful if you really look around. I would suggest that you go to a computer store and pick up a bottle of computer screen cleaner. The one that says to contain electrostatic discharge should all...
Hi Congo5,   Nice find!  See?  We don't really need to know what the stuff is made of.  If it works, it works.    I haven't tried window glass cleaner such as Windex, but I think it'll work too.   Wachara C.
 Hi OndesX, Don't think too much.  Just make them.   Wachara C.
 You've got it all wrong.  I glue the Mylar to only one spacer.  The other spacer uses its copper to charge up the diaphragm.  I don't glue this one to the diaphragm.  My drivers are pressed together using non conductive screws.   By the way, I want to show you my coated diaphragm:  I coated the diaphragm with the floor cleaner.  When it's dried, it actually left a haze on the diaphragm.  I then rubbed it off with a piece of cloth, and the diaphragm was very...
For your first pair, I would suggest that you stick with what I suggested.  You might not have known, but it took me a very long and frustrating time to actually find something that's cheap and works.  As for me, I have stopped trying to find other coating materials.  I like what I use and I'll stick to them.  I wasted too much time in the past without anybody giving me good guidances.  I just hope you guys listen to me and just make your headphones.    If you want to do...
  Really?  I very much prefer the ones with bigger open area.  If you have good ear pads, you can tell very clearly that the ones with more holes (open area) have a bigger sound stage.  That's how I like my headphones, anyway. Really nice work! Wachara C.
 Wow!  You are catching up really fast.    How do you like the sound of each design? Wachara C.
 Megatron is certainly on my "to do" list, but I think it'll be a while.  It's nice to know that you like it though. I did try winding my own transformers before, but it's too much work for me.  Buying them is a lot easier. :) Wachara C.
  Nice work!  How do you like your Megatron? Yes, using the inner tube stretcher, you can easily over stretch your diaphragm.  You have to be extremely patient and gentle when applying the air into the tire.   Wachara C.