or Connect

Posts by chinsettawong

Hi JFK,   Your design looks OK.  However, nylon stocking for dust cover isn't good enough.  I use Mylar for the dust cover too.   I'm curious as to what kind of 0.01 mm tape are you going to use.  I'm not sure if the tape is strong enough to hold the diaphragm under tension though.  I guess it's best that you try it and let us know how you like it.   Since you have all the tools to get all the things done.  Just go for it.  :)   There are many antistatic gels on...
Using whatever you can find to work with is actually a very good idea.  From there you learn the basic and you can gradually improve on your design.   Congratulations and keep us posted with your progress.
Good job!  How big are your drivers? What is your spacer thickness and bias voltage?
That's nice!  Keep going.  :)
It's better to ask your question here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planars-exotics/   There are many knowledgable people who can really help you there.
 Thanks wppk for helping me answered. By the way, when I had the real Orpheus with me, I still prefer the sound from my Orpheus clone.   I do not sell any of my work.  Please read the thread and if you are interested in building them, I'm always here to help.
Gentlemen!  May I point you to one of the threads where my friend was doing a FR test of my headphones driver?  From there, you can probably get some useful information.   http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphone-systems/145143-building-wachara-headphone.html   By the way, the spacers used were 1 mm and the mechanical tension of this strecher was not at its ideal weight for the headphones.   As for me, I don't care much about how my headphones' measurement is.  I...
Hi Georg,   Please refer to the dimension of the inner tire diaphragm stretcher that I use.     I draw a few lines on the wood frame.  Before I pump in the air, I draw a line on the diaphragm directly on top of one of the lines I draw on the wood frame.  Then I pump in the air and observe how much the diaphragm elongates.  Anyway, this method can only serve as a very rough guideline.  I still have to do and redo many times to get the just right tension.   Wachara C.
Yes, it does make quite a lot of difference to my ears.
Hi Georg, Those parts look great. About inner tyre pump, I use a small handheld pump. Slowly observe the diaphragm. My elongation target is only around 0.5-1 mm. You might want to try a few times until you get it just right. About etching out the unneeded copper, if you prefer the sound of Stax SR007 to SR009, then you don't need to do any etching. But if you like SR009 better, then you do. You can try to experiment and see it for yourself which way you like better.