Posts by Reprobate

I have 500 DVD-R's and DVD+R DL's full of securely ripped flac albums, not to mention the 10's of thousands of substandard mp3's that I tossed out years ago which equals untold man hours moving files around. Anyone remember putting together albums track by track on Napster and Limewire? ewww. Easy CD-DA Extractor is what everyone here wants. I right click a folder containing an album in flac and it creates an identical folder wherever I want in whatever codec I want...
@Lucozade, Anaxilus, rawster and Dweaver. Thanks for the responses! It looks like some Copper Pros are in my future then. The only complaint I hear about them is the soundstage is lacking, but at this point I'm not too sensitive to that. I also like that they work with the Sony ear tips that I'm accustomed to if the stock ones don't fit.
This looks like a good place to ask for help.   I don't have much experience with headphones/IEM's except the old Sony EX70's and now the Grado SR80's that I've been trying out extensively for the last 4 days. After a fair amount of research, I'm trying to decide between the Gold or Copper for my next purchase, though I'm open to other suggestions.   I bought the Grado's because I heard they were good for classic rock and more modern grunge type rock....
  Hey IanM - I bought 2 pair of the MDR-EX70's around the same time as you. They were fairly popular at the time as a good bang for the buck ($70) with some bass. I still have both pairs and use them daily. I never had the need to upgrade, but figure I'd get a new set of IEM's since I use them so much. I've read thread after thread around here trying to get a grasp on what to try next, but it hasn't been easy to zero in how much I need to spend to really upstage the...
I love my Incredible. I do plan on getting a better battery though. It is usable outside in the sun if you crank the brightness, especially if you are just doing a little thing here and there. The Moto Droid is a brick but the price is nice and if you like it, i'm sure it will hold you over for a bit. The Inc has the really nice HTC Sense user interface which I like a lot better than the Moto Droid UI. One cool thing about the Android phones is that the hacking community...
I'd like to commemorate my joining of the forum today by participating in this thread because I just came home with the SR80i and I'm listening to my first album right now, Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy. So far I'm pleased and looking forward to see how they break in. Head-Fi was instrumental in making my decision to finally try these out but they have been on my radar for years. I picked them up for $80 and I'd say just go grab them. You may love them or not, but you'll...