Posts by Reprobate

Good, then it seems i'm on the right track or close enough. It can be difficult to weed through all of the varied comments on the site. More so than any other forum I've ever used to research products before. I've researched camping gear, cars, tequilas, martial arts equipment, flashlights, poker, phones, computers, etc over the years but head-fi takes the cake. I'd buy the Coppers now if the controltalk versions were out. Thanks again for your help!
I read $199 coming in September. I guess they are between the Turbines and the Turbine Pros. Maybe the Pros will come out with controltalk then as well...
dizzyraider helped out a newb by offering to let me demo some of his Grado pads. He wasn't selling anything, just contributing to the head-fi community. After meeting up, I definitely learned a bit about Grado's and amps which helped me out quite a bit. Don't hesitate to deal with dizzyraider, he's good people.
@ Anaxilus , Mochan, SnakeEater(), and Chronos - Thanks for the feedback. I feel more comfortable going with the Coppers naked now. The Grado's were so bright to me that when I hear the Copper's referred to as bright, it makes me want to go another direction so I'm hoping that comment was just in relation to the Golds. My M50 purchase was an effort to get the bass I missed with the 80i and pull back from the bright treble. My more refined desire for the Copper is to gain...
Hey Mochan - I know you have the Golds but we seem to have similar tastes so I'm directing this at you as you seem to pick gear that I want or have. Anyone else is welcome to comment if they have relevant experience. I tend to listen to a lot of rock, grunge, alternative and Miles and Coltrane. Reviews and suggestions indicate I will like the Coppers better than the Golds.   I want the Coppers for unamped use through my phone or ipod on the go, but now I'm starting...
I hear I can get them from Onecall for $225 with warranty and I'm considering going that route or waiting for the controltalk version. I'm offering up to $150 depending on the condition. I would prefer that you have some decent feedback from sales here at head-fi and a sales receipt showing that they were from a reputable dealer since there are some counterfeits out there. I'm in the Los Angeles area and I'd be willing to drive for the right deal.
Tough to tell. I've sifted through a few other seller's feedback comments and some do come up with comments complaining about Counterfeit Monster products. Seems like a lot are coming out of Florida. A couple of sellers that seemed unrelated both had tons of little sales of gold and silver pieces - maybe these sales are to drive up their feedback ratings. I used to think I could single out the trustworthy eBayers, but I think scammers have gotten more sophisticated over...
I think iTunes can find the art online for you if your music is tagged properly. If you want to retain the same art, I'll bet there is a plug-in for iTunes that can do it for you. MediaMonkey has an option to embed the art from your jpegs into the file(itunes style) or just copy the jpeg(as mentioned) or both.
@dizzyraider   I appreciate the comment since I have only heard the comfys and "I Want To Believe", but you are talking about the 325i's with, I'll assume, your AMB Mini Cubed and I'm talking SR80i after a months worth of listening though probably weaker HO's on home stereo receivers.   I read phrases like "totally changed" and "put bass WAY up" with the $35 flats and I start wanting to get back on the Grado experimentation train, but are we really speaking the...
@MLARN - I just did a little research for you and MediaMonkey will move your jpeg to another folder if you configure it in the options, the problem is that it doesn't support FLAC to ALAC due to licensing. Here's a work around that might do the trick if you don't find a more elegant solution:   1)Use MediaMonkey to send your FLAC albums with the jpeg file to another directory (maybe convert FLAC to WAV during this process as this happens in the middle of the FLAC to...