Posts by Jason Stoddard

And there we go!
Yep, I'll probably have Ragnarok internal photos done over the weekend, together with Wyrd photos. Then we'll have Lee re-shoot them so they aren't ugly.
 Yep, and on Rakuten, and places where Amazon has a good presence. But that leaves the service center(s). I expect we'll be able to get that worked out in 2015. The goal is a world-spanning, direct-as-possible sale network (with local service), not feeding the current distribution network. We'll see how close we can get.
 Much of it, yes. When you add $30 shipping and 20% VAT onto a $100 item, it starts looking a lot like distro prices. However, we're working on that, and I expect, in Europe at least, that you'll see much more attractive prices, with a local service center. Same as US? No. Significantly less than buying and shipping from us? Yes.  Asia is a much more fragmented situation...still thinking on that challenge.
 Hard-core objectivist? Sure, why not? They can do shipping. Seriously, though, it's not like we test anyone to see if they are objectivists, subjectivists, or some kind of admixture. Nor do we serve kool-aid. However, the three most objectivist engineers (me, Mike, Dave--especially Dave, he lives with an AP and a Stanford and megadollar scopes, literally) are all subjectivist-leaning. In fact, Dave is often the first to bring seemingly insignificant tweaks to the designs...
 Especially if cryo-treated and damped with various magic stick-on devices. (But only if said devices are at least $300 each.)
 Yep, that still applies...and, if you get a Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, you can have another 60# pile on your desk...
 It means we did that around 20 years ago. Never again.
 LOL! Actually, let's address the tube Ragnarok: at this point in time, it's in notgonnahappenland.com. As in, ever. Why? When you start adding tube heaters into the thermal load on the chassis, it becomes a no-go without fans. Add into that fact that the tube transformer would be much larger than the solid-state one (and may not physically fit), and the fact that it really means a new main board, a new gain board, and entirely different firmware, and you start getting...
 Okay, a couple more answers. As noted, Ragnaroks are mass-produced, so we do have some benefit there. However, I think the difference in pricing comes down to two things: 1. We're priced for direct sale. That gives us about a 2X advantage in cost relative to what is sold through dealers. Ragnarok, through a standard dealer channel, would be at least $3K, probably $3500. 2. Once prices reach a certain point in audio (or, well, anything), they become decoupled from reality....