Posts by Docks

Sennheiser was just fine before the HD800s, the only banking made on them is from you unfortunately. Before bashing my comments on the HD800s you should actually attend a few orchestras, learn to play an instrument and finally brush up on your EE homework.It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine the HD800s are grossly over hyped. It's 6khz peak (seriously look at its waterfall) makes it sound like its hyper analyzing everything and not like music.Some HD800 homework...
Nice to know, I've been curious about these.
Check it's THD below 100hz, not acceptable. Also try play something with a bit of bass on them, it's rolled off too.
Disagree, have you seen its waterfall? The source(s) were fine.
I second this, the HD800s don't make music. They just hurt my ears with brightness and higher than average bass distortion.
Dt770 80ohm, spend the few extra bux and get a comfy pair that u can wear forever and sound great.
Yeah I really love my xb700s. My fav of the xb series.
XB700 if you can find them, they are my fav for EDM.
In my experience the amp will help a bit, the O2 has a really nice and low output impedance. This will ensure a good damping factor of the larger driver in the lower frequencies.
  I've owned the XB1000, XB700 and XB500. I use(d) them all with my O2amp. The XB1000 lacks bass, and is bright (they have 2 peaks in really bad spots). I returned them, they are quite terrible.   XB700 brings you back the sub bass and a bit of punch and less fatigue. XB500 has the most bass but is quite muddy/boxy.   The XB700 is my fav, it really sounds like a cleaned up XB500.