Posts by Docks

I really considered the IE80, but I will be using this on my phone/travel. The devices (low output impedance) I use have a higher noise floor/hiss if the IEMS are too sensitive or too low impedance. I can hear the "Android hiss" with my vmoda bass freq's on the S3, HTC One and S4, it drives me nuts.
How does the bass compare? The sensitivity of 124db has me a bit worried. I dont think the um3x could output the bass of the asg-1. Maybe a nice second pair though!
Hello, I am searching for a pair of IEMS that are (In descending priority): 1. Bassy 2. Darker (At least no sibilance or piercing treble) 3. Bassy (see the pattern here?) 4. Less sensitive (less than 120db would be nice), 32 ohm impedance (not 16) would also be nice. 5. Detachable cord.   Right now Aurisonics ASG-1 is at the top of my list. Any other suggestions?? The Sennheiser IE80 look nice but are too sensitive (i hate the noise some super sensitive...
No.
looks to be too bright and lacking sub bass of the 770/80
I would like to resurrect this from the dead. I would like their differences better identified too. I am interested in the pro 700 MKii but worry the sub bass is a bit too rolled off.
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).
XB700s if you can find non-fake ones.
Agree with the computer vol not maxed = dropped bits. Lowering your volume on the PC is considerably lowering your dynamic range. Listening to 6 bit audio to compare the HE500 to HE6 isn't valid and made me troll snicker.
A can that does electronica and classical very well would be a dream. However: classical requirement = flat, open for soundstage. electronica requirement = bass, isolation for deeper sub bass.   The DT880s are a great can but will likely be too bright and lacking in bass for you with electronic.