Posts by Docks

Nice to know, I've been curious about these.
Check it's THD below 100hz, not acceptable. Also try play something with a bit of bass on them, it's rolled off too.
Disagree, have you seen its waterfall? The source(s) were fine.
I second this, the HD800s don't make music. They just hurt my ears with brightness and higher than average bass distortion.
Dt770 80ohm, spend the few extra bux and get a comfy pair that u can wear forever and sound great.
Yeah I really love my xb700s. My fav of the xb series.
XB700 if you can find them, they are my fav for EDM.
In my experience the amp will help a bit, the O2 has a really nice and low output impedance. This will ensure a good damping factor of the larger driver in the lower frequencies.
  I've owned the XB1000, XB700 and XB500. I use(d) them all with my O2amp. The XB1000 lacks bass, and is bright (they have 2 peaks in really bad spots). I returned them, they are quite terrible.   XB700 brings you back the sub bass and a bit of punch and less fatigue. XB500 has the most bass but is quite muddy/boxy.   The XB700 is my fav, it really sounds like a cleaned up XB500.
I've owned the XB1000, XB700 and XB500. The XB1000 lacks bass, and is bright. I returned them.   XB700 brings you back the sub bass and a bit of punch and less fatigue. XB500 has the most bass but is quite muddy/boxy.   The XB700 is my fav, it really sounds like a cleaned up XB500.