Posts by Docks

Keep me posted with how you like the Shures. Very interested too!
The Shure SRH-1540 look very interesting based on their freq response. I'm a bit worried vocals wont be very "lush" and perhaps a bit recessed. Mad dogs are also something i've considered, I've read some negative comments about their bass being a bit too flat. I'm looking for a bit of a boost.   Has anyone compared the Shure SRH-1540 to the LCD2 directly?   I also want to toss out there that these will be use mainly for stuff like Minimal and Vocal Trance (Female...
Thanks for another suggestion Mshenay! I've tried the HE500 before, they were alot more comfortable than expected (Bonus). However the vocals had no "meat" to them, the subbass digs deep however it was merely flat, I'm definitely looking for more. NZtechfreak I agree with your above statement, the Audeze offerings are much more what I am looking for.
Thanks for the input, any other suggestions too add to this list? I'm unsure with how I feel about open cans.. which leads me to the closed Audeze but I've heard it has a bit of a treble spike. Also unsure about the comfort and weight of these cans. The LCD-2 I almost purchased about a year back but didn't due to the poor connectors on earlier revs breaking and poor comfort/weight. The LCD2 always did seem like it would be the "ideal" for this. I've read that the pro700mk2...
I have tried so many cans... nothing does it for me. I *really* love the sound and vocals of my ASG-2 but want more subbass and in the factor in a pair of cans.    Let me emphasize again... I want butter smooth vocals, *NEVER* fatigue, loads of sub bass. I've tried quite a few cans with no avail...   DT770/80 - Nice sub bass, massive treble spike Countless sennheiser 5xx - Vocals are nice but can sound nasaly, no sub bass. M100... Nice, but vocals aren't there, bit...
plz del
Dont you worry about Damping factor with such a high impedance inline? (There is a general 1/8th rule in engineering) I could see this really messing up your bass.......
For sub bass the XB920 (MDR-X10) kill anything I've heard prior (XB500, XB700, XB1000 and DT770/80)
 Synergy? With a phone? Are you serious? It's simple electronics.The fact you stated the impedance and not the sensitivity of the CIEMS shows possible inexperience with this.Nexus 5 has above average SNR, and can guarantee 110% that it will hiss more than an iphone 4/4s. I've owned the S3, either your ears or tired or you listen to music really loud with very few quiet passages. I've tried multiple high sensitivity IEMs and exchanged the S3 multiple times. All with...
 Good luck, I've been trying to find an android that doesn't hiss with high sensitivity IEM's for years. They are usually riddled with higher output impedance and hissing that I cannot get past for the life of me. The Galaxy S3 was horribly hissy (yes radios were off, etc).