Posts by Docks

Someone traded you 990s with their broken ones when you fell asleep.
The XB1000 from my experience are terrible.
^ agree.
Just wanted to add I got the xb500s. Pre-eq there seems to be a bit of boxiness caused by an elevated 150-250hz ish area. After toning that down a bit they are pretty damn fun. IMO leagues better than the XB1000 I had.
Originally Posted by danny93    Hey man, some quick impressions of a few songs with both the M100 and DT770...I hope it helps     Firstly I would just like to point out that the M100´s bass is much quicker and tighter, it has more mid bass quantity than the Beyers, and more forward mids with smoother highs. There is no distortion even at crazy high volumes!     Numb - H320 ft newbeginning212 Mids are much more forward on M100, Bass quantity is larger on the M100, MUCH...
Thanks for the info, I have the 770/80s and have been looking into these. I was worried the 770s would be tough to beat.
Sony XB1000's - Bought these unheard, got them they sounded horribly muddy, 2 big spikes in areas that fatigue me. Couldn't return these ungodly headphones fast enough. I ALMOST bought the Sennheiser HD800s unheard, after hearing them at a friends with EDM they lack bass and again too bright for me. Not worth the asking price, fantastic soundstage though. After listening to the AKG K701s I don't understand how these can be enjoyable for anyone to listen to either.
I love my Beyer 770/80s. I highly suggest them to anyone looking to enjoy music.
Just to clarify, they are very muddy and lack detail but have quite a bit of fatigue. If you look at the frequency response of the XB1000s you could see how bad they are. (And that they lack bass compared to the 700 and 500s) I've tried amping these on the o2 and essence ST. The o2 had more control of the bass, that was the only audible difference between the o2 and ST on these cans.   You will never get massive bass from the XB1000s without considerable eq. I highly...
The XB1000 doesn't have THAT much bass, and has 2 spikes that caused me fatigue for areas such as trance and other electronic music. I returned them after a few days, grossly overrated and overpriced IMO. If you want bass and lots of it without the 2 horrible fatiguing spikes consider the XB500 . Going back to my beyer DT770/80s were such a welcome return. Instead of the XB1000s also consider: ATH-M50 D1100 LP, LP2, M100 Q40 Pro700mkII