Posts by Docks

Philips X1 are one of my fav looking cans. BTW this is an open proposal to the beautiful woman wearing them.   
Bump
Has anyone compared the 700mkii, dt770/80, xb500, fidelio l1, m100, ue6000 and momentum. I have the xb500 and dt770/80. I would ideally like the sub bass of the 770 but with more relaxed highs, the 770 has a peak around 7-10khz which I would like my next set of cans not to have. What can has gobs of sub bass?
Just wanted to bump this thread as it is quite interesting. I have the DT770/80s and XB500s. I am wondering if the M100, UE6000 (I've heard), Momentums or Philips L1s can add anything to the DT770s. I am looking for fantastic sub bass (I want ALOT of sub bass) and a warmer phone without sounding boxy.
770 every time.
I've had a similar horrible experience with the HD800, It's a fatiguing headphone with a peak in the area where your ears perceived loudness is already pretty high. That with its rolled off bass (where you need at least flat (especially taking into account perceived loudness) easily turns of EDM into a horrible ear burning experience.
I wouldn't worry about DACs at this level, output impedance is key especially when using lower impedance IEMs. The whole DAC talk is grossly overrated.
Is that a wireless router on top of all of your sound equipment? lol
PM'd
The M100 is a nice headphone however I've read multiple instances of comfort being an issue (not to mention they are overpriced). There's just no point in owning a headphone if its not comfortable to wear (this is pretty subjective and im sure people will chime in to defend their M100s).   The UE6000 is something ive heard at the apple store a few times, really like it and its not fatiguing sound for EDM. I currently have the DT770/80 ohms and unlike the UE6000 you...