Posts by Docks

Has anyone compared the UE6000 to the M100? Both look good on paper, I've heard the UE6000 but not the M100. How do they compare for sub bass? A few opinions here would be nice. Thanks in advance guys.
If you like distortion in the lower region then by all means go for it. Each to their own.
I would normally second the T70 in this case, however if you already love the 990 sound and dont want to spurge on the T70s consider the 770s. They have the treble spike, boosted bass and dip in the area where the ear is quit sensitive like the 990s. The 770s will dig deeper than the 990s but will likely have less "punch" to them. Consider the 80 ohm version of the 770s for the most bass.   BTW the W1000x distortion curve doesnt look to...
Pro 900 has a sharp treble spike (this makes electronic stuff too bright) and much higher than average distortion down low. If you are looking for "fast" bass (bump likely between 80hz and 200hz) consider the Q40 or if a bit darker is more your flavour consider the 700MKii. For good, linear, low distortion, flat (no bass emphesis) the Orthos are nice too. The 770s will never give you that "fast" bass feel as they have more emphesis in the sub bass area.
The XB1000 have to bumps in areas that are known to be quite fatiguing. The bass output is subjectively AND objectively less than the XB500 and XB700. I highly suggest you compare them side by side. I hope this helps....
XB1000 bass is toppled by XB500 and XB700. I had the XB1000, too bright and lacking a fun bass, all marketing.
The dx000 series all extend quite low but lack the nessary dip in their response where the ear is most sensitive (4-7khz) this dip is important for a headphone. This causes them to sound hard or almost bright. I've heard the d2000 and d5000, while decent headphones I found them not being for me. Also, their distortion in the sub bass area is bested by considerably cheaper headphones that don't sound quite has hard.
These have too much distortion.
I agree with ur generalization with orthos generally having lower distortion in the lower freq. I'm assuming this is also linked to their larger driver size. However you are incorrect with your idea of dynamics. M100, UE6000 and a few other dynamics can contain well executed 40mm or 50mm drivers that have low distortion at extreme sub bass levels (down to 20hz). A post above contains measurements for these cans.
Ue6000 are not v shaped at all (active makes a bit of a v). They are a pretty easy to listen to, forgiving can. I really considered these but wished for a bit more sub bass. (still looking for a warm can with lots of sub bass). http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf