Posts by Docks

I've owned the XB1000, XB700 and XB500. I use(d) them all with my O2amp. The XB1000 lacks bass, and is bright (they have 2 peaks in really bad spots). I returned them, they are quite terrible.   XB700 brings you back the sub bass and a bit of punch and less fatigue. XB500 has the most bass but is quite muddy/boxy.   The XB700 is my fav, it really sounds like a cleaned up XB500.
I've owned the XB1000, XB700 and XB500. The XB1000 lacks bass, and is bright. I returned them.   XB700 brings you back the sub bass and a bit of punch and less fatigue. XB500 has the most bass but is quite muddy/boxy.   The XB700 is my fav, it really sounds like a cleaned up XB500.
Your 770s, how many ohms are they? What differences in your opinion made you like them more than the 770s?
I highly doubt you will hear a difference between Coax and RCA. Again, the term reference does not exist. There is no standard for it, it's simply based on what the company wants to call it.
Lol, reference doesn't exist. Its pure marketing. The closest thing you will get to reference is using the same headphones as the artist used when creating the album.
I'm excited to see more interest in the fostex th900, keep us posted when comparing them to sig djs and any other bassier headphone.
Yeah, based on their response I was worried the peak (i think it was between 3-4khz) to make them sound a bit hard. However, I like darker headphones too.
The Denon Dxxx series although nice has a bit too much distortion in the bass area and is a hint too bright for this guy, especially considering the price. If you listen to lots of electronic music I think you can do better for the money. The Denons aim to be a bit more well rounded.
Just wanted to add - 700mkii and q40 are midbass (punchy) focused and roll off during sub bass. Both are very respectable cans.
I say try the M100, they don't have the sub bass rolloff like the signature djs and are 1/3 the price. If they aren't for you they are quite easy to resell.