Posts by sphinxvc

Yes, it's got a bit of 45 SET magic somehow, but at it's core it's fast and detailed with great image placement.  I know the J2 is supposed to be even better with regard to detail and spatial cues but this was about the best I had heard, hard to fathom even more without sacrificing the SET like tonal balance, and keep in mind mine was just a clone of the circuit, so I'm sure what applied to mine applies to yours more so.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Yup, it can only be better than the clone F3 I had it and that complemented the HE-6 so well.  The only thing that topped it (and only sometimes) was the unearthly union of HD800 and F3.  If you can summon the guts to get your HD800 on the speaker taps of the F3 good things will happen.
I'm just kidding around, I don't really know what he's talking about.  On another note, I got my Paradox!  
Shhh.  Nobody make any sudden movements.  Yes preproman, another website.  AVSforum.  See you there!
  So is HD saying 70wpc @ 50 or 8?  (Mostly just being stubborn here, probably means 8?)   --     I'm starting to come around to this view.  I like ultra linear things, but it's an exercise in futility when the AD and AA process on the recording side is rampantly ****ty.  Why ultra-resolve what mastering engineers don't even care about and have carelessly compressed or carelessly mixed?  Might as well strap on something pleasing.  I say that, but I know I'm a little used...
  Interesting path, thx for writing it out.  
  This is pretty interesting.  Care to offer a few words on why the HD800/Bryston won out?  
Okay, winner is CCK5 - PM sent.  Updated first post.  
Closed, will announce.
I sold the Paradox I had on it's way to me and picked up a Vader Paradox (all black) on the used market, [snip] looking forward to hearing it.