Posts by sphinxvc

Tap to focus.  
Glad a cable debate came up.       Now you know.
I believe if it reads as 192 it's PCM.
From many accounts, there isn't much difference between the Gold and this, and it's identical to the $2.5K Plus level model.     With the PSU included, this would retail for $2,277.  Great deal.  
That struck me as the only way it'd be possible, but using 2 TRS for balanced is so uncommon -- I dismissed it immediately.  But anyway, cool!  
Yes...what?     A software update for balanced output?  P86, any insight?
Twsmith, thanks for corroborating. On the flip side the alphabetical feature is very useful in all other instances, like when navigating folders & sub-folders.    -- I'm very curious now about the next update (after DSD/4.0.0).   -- I asked Mark recently about the SD card implementation (wanted to know whether it went I2S to the ES9018), and I received a quick reply (unfortunately it was in engineering-speak and indecipherable to me / "...custom decoded and...
Did I mention shipping to Canada and back was about $200 total?  Most expensive fuse replacement in history.
It plays through a whole folder.  Also, the Invicta has an "organic" sound to my ears, more so than the Zodiac did at least.  But if you find it analytical, they have a number of filters to choose from.     I actually find the remote scrolls through the SD card files quickly.  Holding down the button will take you from A to Z fast.  I have...I don't know, 40 albums on my 32GB right now, it wouldn't be hard at all to navigate through 160 albums.  I really appreciate...
  Nice work.  Is there some reason you don't offer the mod for HE-5LEs?  (Oops, just noticed the last sentence.)