Posts by sphinxvc

There's an appreciation thread for these?     Well I really like mine.  Best universals I've had so far.  They don't have the awkward fit of the SM3, and the sound is satisfying and smooth and even in FR, decently detailed.   I really like them off my new DAC, they went up another level.     My one vice is probably using them for long drives.  They're so comfy and they keep my awake on the highways @ night.  Not that I'm an interstate truck driver...but I've...
Lol.   This thread started 4 months ago, and some that posted "totally satisfied with XX" now have vastly different cans in their rigs.   As for finding any kind of nirvana, there's a saying that goes "the only peace you find on the tops of mountains is that which you bring with you."  
Isone Pro is just a less sophisticated room & speaker emulation plug-in.  Both have some overlap in functionality.
  Googleli has been laying low since he bought Stax.  
  Ditto, and my thanks for taking us all a step closer to winning death.  When I asked Bozebuttons whether he would be willing to sell it to me when the time came, he said "get in line."  Lol.     I'm buying boards for this.
^ That's the one I heard.  =]
Reminds me of Bangalore.
Guys, I have heard the original KSA-5 w/ HE-6 & K1000 and it's straight up awesome.   --   Cante Ista, no I haven't heard the Sonett & HD800 first hand but it's very well regarded as an amp for the HD800.  What I have heard is the HD800 at it's absolute best with Nikon God's Silver Ghost & my own F3 clone.  Of course, I've heard the HD800 at it's worst as well.  I like to think the Sonett is at least close to the Silver Ghost or F3 based on the impressions of...
The urge to experiment with a new $1K headphone can be more enticing as a consumer than a cheap, low-fi solution.  Even if you do end up buying an HE-6 and running them off your HT receiver (which I wouldn't expect to be better as a combination than the Sonett & HD800), I would suggest you do the Anax mod to your HD800 first.  It's reversible, requires <$20 in materials, has a free template downloadable from Inner Fidelity and a video how-to, measurements back it up, and...
  What you're saying is absolutely true "in the bigger picture."  My Devore's can produce some carved out images in parts of the room that headphones will never compete with.     But between headphones, it's completely valid to compare 'soundstage.'  Why?  I think all this talk of 'soundstage' on head-fi is completely relative to headphones.  It simply does not mean the same thing as it does with speakers.  With headphones there's only a semblance of imaging.  There's an...