Posts by sphinxvc

Ditto to what's said above by Colin, and then that amplifier isn't even that great a headphone amp.  For that kind of money, there's First Watt to consider, Line Magnetic, Rogue Audio.  A plethora of more lauded choices.
  Let us know what you like.  The new paper woofer'd Gibbon Devore's are dope.
You're looking for a couple of things...something that can take optical digital audio from your consoles, or USB digital audio from your computer, and convert that into dope analogue audio, and then something to amplify that, and feed it to your headphones.   You'll need 2 things to achieve this:         1) A decent digital-to-analogue converter or what's commonly known as a "DAC" with the both optical and USB inputs.         2) A headphone amplifier...
Get an affordable one box solution (DAC/amp combo) w/ optical and USB in.  Optical for your consoles and USB for your PC.  I'm not sure what the current FOTM product is, but I'm sure you can't go wrong compared to what you have.
  Thanks Silent One, and Lol @ the new avatar.     =]   Thx man, your finish must have been stunning in person.  I put a Netflix movie on that little 21.5" monitor yesterday and you weren't kidding about how immersive it can get.  I think a larger TV for movie watching is creeping up on my list.  =[     Edit: Did I say TV?  I meant projector.
?   Thank you, but I didn't ask about it.  I first tried/calibrated Isone in my rig in 2011.  
The DAC.  It has an SD card input.
Just the UM3X and an incoming Paradox.  Might just consolidate both down to a custom IEM later.
Alright so I went from all this shi+...           To this...         With a pair of these:       And no computer in the chain at all:       And I couldn't be happier.   --   Apologies that I had to soften the pictures a bit, noise was introduced by the lighting correction app I use on my iPhone.  
There's an appreciation thread for these?     Well I really like mine.  Best universals I've had so far.  They don't have the awkward fit of the SM3, and the sound is satisfying and smooth and even in FR, decently detailed.   I really like them off my new DAC, they went up another level.     My one vice is probably using them for long drives.  They're so comfy and they keep my awake on the highways @ night.  Not that I'm an interstate truck driver...but I've...