Posts by sphinxvc

Need a used newer version HD600 shipped to NYC.
Cool, might drop by.
Wasn't the prototype slightly less efficient?  In any case it looks good.  
  That sounds like a good plan.
  That puts things in perspective, thanks for sharing.  I lament that there isn't a standardized, comprehensive Inner Fidelity-like measurements site for speakers.  Since that's the more popular side of audio anyway, it's confusing that there isn't.     Do report back on the Leben vs. LM showdown.
Or "Has anyone found a semi-permanent cure to their headphone neurosis yet?"  =]
  Thank you.  Also, it's been bothering me for a while, so I'll just point it out.  The original nirvana, in Sanskrit, is defined thus: "The word literally means 'blown out' (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished" or even simpler "the profound peace of mind that is acquired with moksha (liberation)."    Your understanding above is actually...
Bingo.
  Usually, yes.   One year (about 2 years ago) we had a guy who insisted on putting the headphones on your head for you.  Definitely not worth bringing gear if you're that paranoid*.  (You in general.)     *Unless you're bringing HE-90s.  I will let you put them on my head for me.  
Thanks for posting your notes.  It's odd that the 33hz rated 88s didn't go as low as the Harbeths, but given that you listen to the LL + SR009 on a daily basis, I don't doubt your ability to pick up on how low the bass is going.  Maybe it's rated off, or maybe the decay times have something to do with it.     Btw, I like your wife(ish)'s description of the Leben.