Posts by sphinxvc

Seems like a great time to mention this since Cante Ista just posted that F3/HE-6 write up.  I'm selling my F3.  Flawless, $1.4K pp gifted and shipped in the CONUS.  Let me know if any of you guys are interested.
I'm prepping for an upcoming move so I'm looking to sell some rather cumbersome items, let me know if any of you fellas are interested:   Devore Fidelity Super 8 Speakers - MSRP $4,000 - selling for $900 (has a couple scratches) First Watt F3 power amp - MSRP something like $3K? - selling for $1,400 Not so cumbersome Resonessence Invicta DAC - MSRP $4K - selling for $3K  Sold GIK Acoustic Panels - $650 worth (4 wide-band traps "GIK 244s" and 2 bass traps "GIK...
Just recently (like literally weeks ago) bought this.  Looking to shed for a variety of reasons, chiefly an upcoming move, let me know if you're interested.  Details and pictures are exactly as "Solude" posted a while ago in his classified.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/648366/first-watt-f3   PM me, no fee PP.  And would be great if I could find a local buyer.
Ehh, that's the cop out answer!  Ha!       An understandable answer though given the tendency for such 'discussions' to quickly devolve into illogical, and for some reason unfriendly, back and forths here.   Anyway, nice rig.  I've always thought a large bookshelf like that could act as a massive diffuser.  
It's actually really hard to get a pulse on any of this gear in large NYC meets.  Think over a hundred people in one large room, and open headphones?  Come for the fun.  The fun of heavy breathing headphone hoarders talking about something they only get to talk about twice a year.   -- Hey, I don't see that hygiene instruction list anywhere here, what gives?  The following are not optional: showering, deodorant, brushing your teeth and if at all possible, using...
I liked it fine (it was a Stratos Plus).  I like the F3 even better.  It's got a lower noise floor.  The "images" are more precise.  Better dynamics.  Lower bass extension. 
  Maybe if I still had an HE-6 I might!     Personally I enjoyed the treble on the HE-6 too.  It's just that the response across the range could have been a bit smoother.  That trough in the midrange accentuates the transition to the treble, and makes it seems like there's an etch up there.  If that transition could be smoother, it'd be lovely.   Not sure what I'm doing here or why I'm thinking about this though, I've already left this baby in a dumpster.
On the subject of Invicta reviews and impressions, when people try to make a play on words with the word Invicta, it ends up miserably sad.     I've read this once or twice.  
That is awesome Armaegis.  Kudos for doing something about the edge instead of living with it.   Wish I could hear this.
There's the word I was looking for.  Interestingly Dictionary.com gives 'formative material, stuff' as it's 5th definition of the word metal.  I guess enough people have made that mistake for that to be on there, or maybe that means it's not a mistake at all.