Posts by 4DThinker

Quote: I've gotten that same impression of the Galaxy 4.0 and 5.0 from the few that have them. I've almost concluded that Samsung new what they had coming, and knew these were imperfect first generation attempts. They kept these out of U.S. markets so as not to have them soil their android PMP reputation before they got it up and running full speed. The new 3.6 incher looks to have a better processor and "might" have IceCreamSandwich on it when it ships.  Sony's got a...
Despite it's flaws, for a first shot at an Android media player the D3 has become my reference for every other android player to come out since.  Cowon and Archos have been good at updating their players after purchase.  Creative updated their Touch-2s once so far. Samsung apparentlycan't find a ship to bring some of theirs to the U.S., and now android players are becoming a commodity with everyone else coming up with one.  Sony is showing one, no doubt to be overpriced...
x.55 firmware now available for the D3.   Video Player Display recent played file when the Video widget starts. Fixed the error that some video files were unstable while resuming. Fixed the error of AV Sync problem with Fast Forward or Fast Rewind playback. Home Fixed the error that click widget was temporary stopped in Home screen. App Update KakaoTalk, JetVD Stabilized Fixed the error that device was stopped or reboot...
The Touch is a "Smart" device with WiFi and all that comes with it.  The only real competition will be other wifi enabled devices. MS gave it a try with their Zune brand, but under-engineered and chickened out when it came to going head-to-head with apps and such.   Android devices have shown up from several brands, and for first tries the devices aren't perfect but do bring apps and related distractions.  Cowon's D3, Archos 43, Creative's Touch-2, Latte's Ice Smart,...
Shouldn't matter how late they are to the android party if they've been watching carefully to avoid the mistakes Cowon and Creative and Latte have made with their attempts. Make sure it comes with the latest version of android (IceCreamSandwich, hopefully), and make sure the media apps are far better than the stock android ones are. Optimize the battery to last more than 5 hours.  24 would be reasonable target if it'll do that with WiFi on and streaming from Google Music...
For anyone that cares, Cowon has a 1.54 Korean firmware update that is supposed to fix a few flaws.   Download page.  You may need to translate it.  It mentions "beta" and so they may skip releasing this update for the other regions while they let their Korean owners test and perhaps find even more bugs to fix.
Plugged into my win7 PC the D3 by default will not be in USB storage mode. Pull down the notifications bar and there should be a setting and choice to put it into storage mode.
I don't know "How" I got it to work.  It just works.   No, it doesn't stream my cloud music, but does play the music I installed on the D3. I had to use a file browser to find and tap on one of the songs, then select the Music Beta app to play it.  After that the Music beta app found all my music and was (is) able to play it. I'm hoping they'll update it to stream on the D3.  Serious flaw.    On another topic, the Cowon J3 was updated today. Look for that thread.
As the title suggests:   Improvement - Improved power management system to increase battery life. (improved 10% to 20% depending on usage) - Changed to save the capture images as it shows even the device is rotated 180 degree in video mode. - Changed to resume by millisecond level from second level after playback and pause. Fixed bugs - Fixed the error that only 40 tracks were recognized in year list in Music library. - Fixed the error...
Contact Cowon.  See what they'll do for you.