Posts by dmac03

Any bid on Dayton? Indy? Cinci? Columbus?
Does anyone drive their ps1000's with a valve amp that utilizes 6sn7's?
I can vouch for the ps1000's and techno. The only caution is that the amp pairing is very important for bass heavy genres. I love using valves with mine, but I think a good ss amp may be better for techno.
Jackal, its good to hear that you are enjoying your ps1000's as much, if not more so, than your hp-1's. Thanks for the impressions.
I threw out the question to more or less test the waters. I have no desire to add another set of cans to my repetoire, and others seem to agree. I think this gives testimate to the ps1000's performance and versatility.
herbie's audio lab?   None of my tubes are significantly microphonic, so I don't own any to see if they fit my GEC 6AS7G's. However, I've seen others use this brand and they seem like good value.
For other fellow PS1000 owners, if you had to pick one, which other headphone would you choose to compliment you PS1000's?
David, just tell me the time and place and I will be there if I have no prior obligations. Its far from high-end, but I got my hands on a Musical Fidelity M1DAC which offers balanced output. I would be happy to share it for the sake of comparison. I would also love to have the opportunity to hear your HE-6's.   Derek
AVR4000, your set-up sounds fantastic. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I just received my v-link and m1dac last week, therefore my set-up is identical except I have a use the woo wa22 as a headphone amp. Enjoy