Posts by irishsammy

Darn it, I'm back in this club again.  Couldn't resist the closeout deals on the i Series and I picked up a pair of 125i's.  Listening to them now and I have to say that the only pain I feel is in my wallet.    Long live Grado. 
I used to have the uDAC2 and it was a very forward little amp.  I would definitely try a different amp to see if you have the same problem.  My MD 3.2s are anything but strident.  I guess it could be the phones but I'm betting it's the amp synergy.  I have found that the MDs aren't necessarily amp-picky, per se...but they do change character quite a bit with different amps.  For example, my Schiit Magni makes them sound quite a bit more peaky than my LP G103.  It's not a...
Listening to my G-103S with my HD600's.  Normally, I would insist on tubes for these cans but I'll be damned if the LP amp doesn't make them sing pretty darn well.  The songs em Portuges on Melody Gardot's latest album have a tendency to get a little busy but the G103 has some iron-fisted control.    Great stuff from Lake People.  Great job, Fried.