Posts by Thommohawk

Your audio is only ever going to be as good as the weakest link in the chain. So if you do buy a $400 headphone of 'double quality' you won't be getting the best out of them if you don't upgrade your DAC or amp to match it.  Now sure it's not going to sound bad, above a certain price point you can expect a certain level of quality, but you are always always always better off matching your dac and amp to the price of your headphones or as close as what your comfy with...
 Well I went for the Bravo V2 (I think, it's the one that's square box and totally open n see through) with an aftermarket Sylvania tube and the combo cost me £70 but the sound is amazing. If you want to spend extra there's the Little Dot tube amps but you will have to import those unless you can find a local reseller but I can't speak for those because I've never had one of those, I assume they're even better though. 
 Someone show me a better headphone anywhere near the price range for immerserion gaming and movies it'd have to be something truly special to beat these.Incredible about sums these up! PS That includes music too if you like a bit of bass with your clarity, and you can get on with the treble some cant and are sensitive to it but honestly I've heard a LOT harsher treble in my time....point being you won't go too far wrong with these unless you're one of those people who...
 It's essentially a fully fledged DT 990 proper at more than half the cost....open backed, plenty of bass and clarity, how can you go wrong ? 
I still have my DT 990 Pro, honestly for the price these are surely among the best headphones you can buy I firmly believe that. Granted a lot comes down to personal preference regarding fit, style and taste obviously - but IMHO these blow away anything anywhere near the price range that I've tried. They are definitely the best headphones I've ever had up to this point. For me they tick every box.  I've since upgraded my DAC and Amp, I was running them from a Fiio E7+Fiio...
 I think burn in is an absolute fact. When I got my headphones back after a driver replacement they sounded what can only be described as 'cloudy' and NOT the headphones I remembered, gave them a few hours continuous play and the next day they were back to how I always remember them - no cloudiness in the high end, clear, detailed, punchy.
 I agree with this. Either save money or go for it properly. Anything in between with the 990s is a waste IMO.
 In a word, yes. Actually that's a definitive hell yes...  For gaming immersion I honestly don't think you'll find anything better full stop let alone for the price. Same for movies. As these are open backed and good bass and clarity you will feel like you're there like no other.
These headphones were made for movie lovers and gamers imo. For those purposes it's surely a gargantuan task to top these at the price....If you like some bass and clarity in your music with detailed vocals these are a brilliant option! I've applied an EQ on my music player for these headphones with a pretty big reduction at 6 khz (I'd say about 8 decibels maybe) and it works really well for me - takes away a lot of the harsh 'ring' sounds that you get on music and seems...
Lol I forgot to mention that they're extremely comfy with the fur-like velour ear pads! Open backed with strong bass.Heaps of clarity. It's really a spot on headphone and for the money I'd like someone to show me something all around better....