Posts by Typhoon859

You mention you like the 840s for portability.  Do you mean in comparison to the other options by Shure or do you mean in general?  From what I can tell, all the Shure over-the-ears are very similar in that aspect, no? In any case, I bought them with this being one of the greater factors of consideration (as I have my home/studio headphones of choice already).  I was a little surprised to find that they aren't really that much more portable than the least portable...
Agreed. There's just more to it than agree and/or disagree. Some views are less or more accurate. I've been literally just plain wrong - not just my "subjective" but still accurate view. That's essentially what you look for when sifting through reviews, how true the assessment is relative to how it most likely is (taking into account your own differences in perception and/or defeciencies). I thought it be imperative to point this out in this case. You can either take...
Fair enough. Not need for people to pile on either which view. I was just trying to say that if you were looking for an accurate view on this as someone seriously trying to make a discernment for oneself, your experience wouldn't be representative of the true relative nature of these phones. I would also argue that perhaps you haven't had them long enoug yet. They're truly representative of sound as close as it can be (certainly in comparison to the two others you've...
Many subjective inaccuracies here I would say. The only negative which is more or less right is that the sub bass is a little weak. This is preferable however as it would require sacrifices in other ranges to acoustically correct this problem. They have a natural bass roll-off which can easily be compensated for with a bass boost. IMO, this is preferable.In comparison, I would argue the HD 598 headphones are worse in practically every way. But, that's a whole...
Always happy to hear :D  And indeed, the E11 with bass boost on "EQ" 1 makes a great combination.
Since the RE-0's are discontinued, is there anything else at a similar price range that is neutral and otherwise as great as these were?  If they are indeed selling for $50 somewhere, I would also indeed like to know.  Thanks!
Ah, ok.  Cool.  Didn't know that.
Really?  Aren't they the same?  I have the HM5's and the cases look exactly the same to me.
Ah, well it's a good amp.  My friend was once deciding between it and the E11 and I told him that they're comparable in quality (perhaps not in build though), but it's worth it to get the E11 because it has bass boost.  IMO, if you're going to have a separate amplification device to pair with headphones, bass boost is very important.  It's a good amp though.  I'm not sure what to tell you at this point.
Lol, yup.  But I cut holes in the foam and it's also where I carry a bunch of my other portable audio stuff including amps and a bunch of cables/adapters. Just for clarification, I mentioned amplification for the XPT100's not because they need it, but because they represent the source very accurately and are very revealing of different amps.  Paired with a dedicated headphone DAC/amp, they just sound better than through any smartphone and most DAP's.  The Pa2v2...