Posts by Typhoon859

Oh, thanks!  Not a problem.  I appreciate it!
So I just checked and I can't actually find the NVX or any other version of these headphones on the site at all.  Are you sure it was at SonicSense?  Thanks.
Oh, well yeah, not the combo.  I was saying I preferred the standalone XPT100's for $80 rather than the current deal.  Thanks for informing me of the $70 deal though.  Even better! :D
Yeah, they used to be $80 though :/.  I preferred that deal.  Maybe that'll be back.
That's quite the expensive alternative you're comparing them to.  It's also a little bit like comparing apples and oranges in the sense that the FX850's are IEMs and the FA-003's are over-the-ear headphones, but I guess that ultimately doesn't matter in the scope of subjective experience which you are speaking from. Well, for EDM and indeed things like Dubstep and so on, I have a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones and I do prefer them over my Brainwavz HM5's...
Oh, not at all.  It's more than welcome.  Actually, I was hoping somebody might make a mention of something relevant to what I've brought up as it was perhaps discussed in the past.  I mention that in the last paragraph of my first post on here actually.  If you go back to it, this is a little bit about something different though.  I don't want to waste people's time however by rehashing all that I've stated. Basically, I've been wondering what has caused the difference in...
As for everyone else, to actually post something of value and to give an idea of what I'm talking about, here's the EQ I've worked out to compensate for the peaks I'm hearing in the S5's response:     Any suggestions in terms of how to treat what should really be this but make it simpler for demonstrational purposes (to increase the significance of the impressions a novice can perhaps get from looking at this) would be appreciated.
Lol, no.  I don't know why you're so confused about this.
Just don't bother yourself with that question for now to such a degree (though I've somewhat addressed it).  Obviously I'm asking for some faith in the idea that this would be the best or at least most interesting way of handling the question.  You seem to have come to an understanding, but I was basically just trying to say that there's no need to get frustrated over this. Well, the point is that it'll be relative and supposedly representative of my impressions.  Same can...
 Alright, well, understanding the true implications now of what needs to be done, I'm probably going to need to devote an entire extra day for this and I guess tomorrow will be it. What I've worked out so far is a relatively subtle but in-depth EQ which might be helpful to some, depending on how it translates to other EQ's.  The problem with it is that there aren't particularly any huge kind of curves which lend themselves well to the imagination.  I've essentially done...