or Connect

Posts by james444

Thanks for your reply! I wonder whether it's a general issue, since the form factor would suggest that it can be carried like a smartphone in your pocket. And the reviews I read didn't mention a heat issue.Did you contact Shanling in that matter? It's a great portable DAC/Amp, but somewhat compromised imo, if you can't carry it safely in a pocket or bag.  It's a revised version, the bottom part of the housing has been changed to plastic for better bluetooth reception....
Is anyone else here having problems with their Shanling H3 / H3A getting very hot during use?   I recently bought a H3A for use with my smartphone via aptX and love pretty much everything about it, except for the amount of heat it dissipates. I planned to carry it tucked into my pants pocket while on the go, but after 30 minutes or so, it gets uncomfortably warm. I did a test letting it play for 3 hours in my backpack, after which it had gotten almost too hot to...
 Don't know about your situation, but mine seems to be brain burn OUT from following this thread. I hope it's not biological damage lol...   
 No offense guys, but how about doing a Google search on IE800 reviews / ports / resonators instead of fuelling a conjecture-based debate that will confuse the hell outta people.  In particular, please take a look at this review, the exploded view drawing of the IE800 and explanation of how the dual chamber absorber (D2CA) works...http://www.head-fi.org/t/732129/review-sennheiser-ie-800-earphones#post_10830097 ...and check out the measurements and comments in this review,...
 Great review, had it for a week or so and agree wholeheartedly. Still, it's probably the best fully wireless choice out there at the moment, due to its use of NFMI for L/R connection, while others like the Earin and VerveOnes (which rely solely on bluetooth) suffer from frequent connection issues and dropouts on the right earpiece.
 If it has to be very small, probably the Sony RX100. If you're looking for best bang / buck, go for the old v1 model. The newer v2, v3, v4 are improvements, but follow the law of diminishing returns.   If it can be a little larger (but with eyecup removed, still fits into the front pocket of my cargo pants), the Olympus Stylus 1. Most of my recent pics here have been shot with it. Best travel cam I've come across so far.   
Cornered!