Posts by Loquah

Yes. Removing the foam raises the treble which will reduce the relative perception of bass. I can't remember exactly how the modified black behaves compared to the white, but it's possible that the treble is stronger on modded black than stock white.
 That could work
Should add that this would be a massive favour to me (or anyone else in Australia / New Zealand) as it's crazy trying to by these in Australia due to Mouser's minimum shipping costs.
 I'm really interested in these, but I'm unclear on the pricing. Is it $148.80 each or for all four? EDIT: Just looked closer at the notes from akizukidenshi so gather it's for all 4, but please confirm.
        Ta da!!
I was playing with filters AGAIN tonight and found the black an enjoyable, smooth alternative to the white, particularly because its mids are more focussed than the blue filter. I decided to compare Tyll's measurements of blue and black and the black looks to be more linear overall I think - with a bit more bass though.
 I'm tempted to bet you that it won't  
 I'm tempted to bet you that it won't
I've had some time with these tonight and I think they're just brilliant! They're musical enjoyment devices, not analytical tools so it all depends what you're looking for. I personally find them to be easily the most seductive and engaging hybrid (or any earphone <$300) that I've heard. Seems to me that Audiofly have nailed it with their new series with a nice combination of detailed (AF120 & AF160) and musical (AF140 & AF180).   I am seriously considering a purchase of...
 I agree. It'd be nice to have confirmation. Perhaps they're sitting back and giggling at all the different opinions we crazy people are throwing around about FW-related SQ changes!