Posts by caliskimmer

I have the Zero Dac and it drove my Sennheiser HD 650s really well before I had to sell them. However, it had some issues even after I soldered a new volume pot on. Without an amp, you just won't get the full potential of the HD 650s
Found! Sale not through yet.
Hi, I am looking to buy a pair of Sennheiser HD 800s for about 1250. I would like them in like new condition with the original case. If anyone is interested to sell or if anyone can point me to a link where someone is selling a pair, please PM me. Thanks for your help in advance.
So I decided to do a DIY and I replaced the Song Volume Pot with the Alps volume pot from Lawrence. After soldering, I put it back together, but the same volume bias exists! The left speaker on both my Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and my Sennheiser HD 650s is much louder and emphasized then in the right speaker. Do I have a defective product or am I supposed to replace something else? Should I just get another headphone amp and use the Zero as a Dac? Thanks for the help!
Ok, I found a guide, but what is the correct Alps volume pot model? Lawrence isn't selling any at the moment, and I do not want to purchase the wrong one.
  Does anyone know of a guide on how to replace the volume pot in the ZERO Headphone Amp? It is really annoying having unbalanced audio because of the shoddy Song volume pot, and I would like to replace it. I know there is soldering involved, but I am not willing to try this without a guide as I am not an expert at it. Thanks in advance for the help!    Also, does anyone know which is the correct ALPS volume pot model that is compatible with the Zero?...
Thanks
Does anyone know of a guide on how to replace the volume pot in the ZERO Headphone Amp? It is really annoying having unbalanced audio because of the shoddy Song volume pot, and I would like to replace it. I know there is soldering involved, but I am not willing to try this without a guide as I am not an expert at it. Thanks in advance for the help!    Also, does anyone know which is the correct ALPS volume pot model that is compatible with the Zero? Thanks!
Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for the help!
Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section as I am new to Head-Fi. I have Sennheiser HD 650s w/ a stock cable and they are running off a Zero DAC/Headphone Amp. When I listen to my music the audio seems to be very slightly biased to the left speaker. However, when I run it straight from my Macbook Pro, the audio seems slightly biased to the right speaker. Is there something wrong with the Zero Amp or is this just the music file? Help would be greatly appreciated....