Posts by LantherZero

One little nitpick... the ink'd DO have L/R indicators, they're just very small. Look at the strain reliefs closely.
Don't worry about device name. Does it work? If it does, then good!   That being said, PCMxxxx with an analog in and analog out sounds like your onboard sound to me, not the USB DAC.   USB audio is fine.
That is beautiful. Nice carpentry! Hopefully I can make something that clean looking before too long...   Also those are some supersexy cans!
    Um, no. Cloud computing, if anything, will increase demand for more powerful CPUs in servers.
Um, no. Cloud computing, if anything, will increase demand for more powerful CPUs in servers.
I listened to dubstep before it was cool! :v
Yes, the HD555 benefits greatly from an amp.Most headphones do, really. I'd not pay more than the cost of the headphones, though. Build or get someone to build for you a cmoy.
There aren't very many decent headphones for under $100, and compared to the better <$100 headphones those are not very good, but for $10 that's pretty amazing.
I use debian, netBSD, and openBSD.   They are all much much more secure than windows (especially openBSD), scale better, have more 64 bit applications, better hardware support (even microsoft can't lie about this one), are far more stable when properly configured, and don't need to reboot after an update. I've seen servers running debian that have well over a year of uptime with no problems.   The whole thing about windows having better audio software and support...
I use an IBM model M.