Posts by Achmedisdead

Exactly!  If iTunes, or Amazon,  starts selling hi-res, I wouldn't spend a penny more to get it over their normal quality. 
 I took great pride in my mix tapes and later CDs....I was the only one I knew that put in the effort to roughly level match the volume of them track to track (no ReplayGain back then). Everybody at work would be running back and forth to adjust the volume at each song's start, but not me.
  Any plans to add one of these to the collection? 
 I did not know that.....thanks for the info!
 I don't see why not, as long as they have a device compatible with the format. I've played them on quite a variety of players, certainly not just Apple ones. 
 Patents, eh? From consumer to innovator, quite the journey you're taking!
 They stopped using that on the music files several years ago, although older purchased files would still have it. It does still exist on the video purchases though, I believe. http://www.macworld.com/article/1137946/itunestore.html
 They haven't had DRM in several years now, and the iTunes $$$ is still rolling in. 
 Now the fun begins....learning all the ways you can set it up exactly the way you want it, and what you can do with it.