or Connect

Posts by applebook

Have you tried the Panasonic Shockwave? Their headphones/ CD combo has the most bloated bass that I've ever "felt." You might like them because they do literally rumble and vibrate.
That's the cheap solution for those who hear a veil, but most who've tried upgrade cables, especially the Equinox, claim that whatever veil that they heard disappeared with the new lead.
The HD600 could be a huge step forwards or "backwards" depending on your prefence. It will undoubtedly be superior to your retired Sr-80 in detail, soundstage, and fidelity but is also considerably more "laidback," something that you might not like coming from your Grado that you loved. I'd recommend that you give the Senn a listen before buying.
Quote: Originally Posted by fewtch That's quite a bold statement... how many of the Sony models have you heard? (just wondering... I assume you must have heard quite a few). Fanboys base most opinions on assumption
http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=069417 Just $13.
A warning about ecost --they charge about $50 for handing!
I think that the best place for used cans is here, but for new ones, sometimes eBay is decent. Headphone.com is the place for new Beyer, AKG, Senn, and Grado.
My CDP is very flat, so I doubt it. I think that I'm just tired of the overly bright Sonys.
I have the same problem as you, especially when I listen to Oasis or the Pumpkins, etc. with a Sony = major headache after a few songs even at medium volume. The 580/6XX series has more than enough brightness and highs for me - and I'm more of a treble-head - yet I've not experienced any fatigue after hours of listening.
Welcome to the club "In a world without walls, who needs Windows?"