Posts by applebook

No one wants?   Last price drop.
  You've sort of made my point. Since the new models are different enough, they could easily coexist with the old series. Many of us don't care for portability and just want the best at-home listening experience possible. Why not offer us both flavors?
  We can't say whether they're better or worse since we haven't heard them. I think that most people who are complaining are confused (I certainly am) because these new offerings don't appear to be actual replacements for the models that they are replacing.   Whether or not you like coffee over cola is personal choice. I just wish that Denon would have given us the choice. Some of us love the old D-series (look and sound) and would have preferred that they continued...
This is like BMW discontinuing the 3-series and replacing it with the X3.   Pepsi is discontinuing its cola and will be replacing it with coffee.   It makes no sense whatsoever.   Ever heard of complementing existing model lines instead of replacing them with products that are clearly not natural developments?
Bump it.   If I find a higher impedance DT880, then this will be taken off the market...
250 or 600 Ohms version only.   Prefer local in Vancouver but definitely gotta be Canadian and NO Paypal (ScamPal).   Reasonable prices, please...as in what they go for on here, not Craigslist or ebay. Condition doesn't matter, so long as the cans work perfectly. I've yet to encounter headphones anywhere near this price range with such incredible performance and practically no major weaknesses.
$169 CDN. E-Money Money Transfer, cash in person, or check only, no Paypal. Please PM for photos if seriously interested.   Mint condition blue case, with AC adapter. Fantastic sound quality, smooth but also dynamic, pure class-A, no op-amps in here.   Would be interested in trading towards in K701/ K702, D2000, lower impedance DT880, portable amp, or portable amp/ DAC combo like the iBasso D10.
Update: The metal joints have been oiled, and there is no longer any squeaking...buttery smooth now. As the days go by, and I begin putting more savings away, I feel less and less motivated to sell these beauties...even though I barely get any chance to listen to them right now.    $599 CDN.   Excellent condition, includes everything like the boxes, cloth, papers, etc.   Hate to sell, but moving expenses have mounted up and not much time to listen these days....
When and where did you purchase these?
Selling my DT-880 Pro since I am replacing it with something else as my main reference cans. IMO, these are the best "normal" priced headphones that I've owned, beating out the HD-650 (easily) and K701/K702 (narrowly).   The cans were purchased used, without box and papers. I believe that these are the 300ohm version because there are no 600ohm designations on the slightly chewed jack. Due to moderate wear on the cups and a crack along the L "Beyerdynamic" tab, I am...