Posts by applebook

He shouldn't be able to hear ANY difference though, right? 
LOL.    So some software programmer is more credible than Bob Katz (whom Monty regards as THE authority in digital mastering) when it comes to digital audio? OK, sure.      Lavry chose 75KHz as the sampling frequency because it's slightly more than double the 35KHz that he thinks some people can hear. The Nyquist theorem calls for sampling rates at twice the audible frequency range. I would certainly trust Lavry over a software programmer who has very paranoid worldviews...
What breed of dog are those pads from? 
No need to read entire thread after the first few pages.   Dan Lavry: http://www.monoandstereo.com/2008/06/interview-with-dan-lavry-of-lavry.html "Regarding bits: The ear can not hear more then about 126dB of dynamic range under extreme conditions. At around 6dB per bit, that amounts to 21 bits, which is what my AD122 MKIII provides (unweighted). Regarding sample rate: The ear can not hear over 25-30KHz, therefore 60-70KHz would be ideal. Unfortunately there is...
DAMN. If you were in Canada...
I would trust Fostex to deliver consistent drivers.   What is your musical taste? I have VG+ to Mint albums from Pink Floyd, CCR's remastered Steve Hoffman box-set, Beatles, some U2, Radiohead, Roger Waters, a few Led Zep, etc...   All cleaned 3 times with Nitty-Gritty vacuum and solution and played on Clearaudio Maestro MM.    PM me if interested. 
Where are you located?
Trying to acquire a D7000 for a friend. Condition should be at least pretty good (7+). Packaging doesn't matter as much. Please include your asking price and scans. I don't use Paypal, so payment would have to be EMT or cash in person only.   I've tried to convince my buddy that the D2000 modified is pretty darn close to a stock D7000 and is actually, IMO, more enjoyable in some aspects.
It appears that the cable needs to be resoldered to the plug and not necessarily the driver(s). It's an easy job, but you'd have to cut the cable jacket (obviously) and reterminate.    It's 10 minutes of work max. 
A couple of potential deals are brewing but nothing definite yet.   I'm now interested in trades for a portable amp or a portable amp/DAC combo like the iBasso D10. Shoot me an offer.   Now ON HOLD pending payment.