Posts by applebook

Pure ignorance on his part. Hope he wasn't foolish enough to get a fake.
Agree with you 1,000,000%. I would say that in my experience, a majority of audiophiles prefer big mids with rolled off highs and flat bass (flat with the mids). Anything with slightly boosted bass (just 1-2db) is considered a "bass monster," and anything in the treble region that is flat or even only 2-3db off the mids, is considered too bright and forward. Due to my musical preference, my taste is the opposite. Humans generally perceive highs and mids as louder than...
OP doesn't mention anything about quantity. In the used market, I don't know of another headphone with the 880's bass quality at $150 --though it'd have to be a slightly beaten up 880 to go for $150. 
  I think it's only a couple of people, one of whom trashes fairly legendary cans like the L3000 and CD3000. Apparently, only what he owns right now is any good.   Also, if that is actually is in stock for $600, don't buy 1...get 10.
For your type of music, I recommend a used TF.10.    Unlike most IEMs, they have good bass impact. Some people hate it for its recessed mids (and it's a minor 1.5 to 2db dip), but for rock, these are unmatched in this range. I still prefer it over the newest 500 Shure. 
In stock form, the D7000 is still leagues ahead of the HD650 or other $500 headphones. Once modified, the 7000 is better in some areas and comparable in others to the mega-buck stuff out there --yes, in the league of higher end Stax and discontinued legends like the K1000, Qualia, and the R10.   YMWV depending on musical taste, but even the stock D7000 is technically at least pretty good in most areas that matter to audiophiles. Listeners who prefer emphasized mids...
Really, really heavily used DT880. 
If you have a large head like me, you might find the 650 very snug until the headband breaks in.
basso, since you have the silver version, it should be the 650. Did Sennheiser release a silver 600 version?   Both the newer 650 and the older 600 should still seem bassier (more impactful) than the 880, but even the black 650 is not a "bass monster" like the DX1000 or Denon Dx000.
IMO, an improperly amped 650 sounds like mud and doesn't do it justice. There is a reason why some people here use $2000+ amps for the 650.   I prefer the 300 ohm 880 as the reference.