Posts by Domdom

I just went from DX90 to ZX2! As far as sound is going, well, ZX2 is more subtle, clearer and more neutral, DX90 is great for the price, first question is, do you need to spend 3 times more? If money is no object well then yes. With ZX2, one thing for sure is build quality is trully 1st class, extremly heavy, the battery perhaps, and talking battery, I have been "burning in" my ZX2 all day in loop, so at least 12 hours and battery is at 70% so it would likely last...
I didnt, just reused existing SD Card will my music in folders (classical, pop, ...) at the root. All were detected. Music folder is emptyBTW SD card is formatted with exFat
 I would like to share how to fix this, until Sony manages external covers in the music folder.I will make it short, feel free to ask any further details. Here goes 1. Ensure you have a "cover.jpg" in the same folder (each album is in a folder on my system) -> Cover Art Downloader makes it easy: http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/2. Use MP3TAG (amazing tool, free but this guy really deserve a donation  I am not him and create a script that will take care of it, if...
Maybe Android apps, iBasso DX90, Cowon Z2, no issue here :)
Guys, I just found out that only embedded cover art will be displayed, not external files such as folder.jpg or cover.jpg Who do we talk to to improve this in the next firmware revision? Will Sony hear us? or this is hopeless?
Damn! I was afraid someone would say that :-) and the obvious extra: battery, accessing Qobuz and UI ! thanks
Guys,   2 quick questions: - Currently own an iBasso DX90 (very happy for the price), is the price gap with ZX2 worth it in terms of audio quality? (with Earsonics S-EM6, http://www.earsonics.com/en/audiophiles-earphones/s-em6/) - To access my tracks I usually go Genre > Artist > Albums: is this ok on ZX2?   thanks a mil Cheers from Paris
from the userguide: "When using line out, one should always turn the volume up to the maximum "255" to ensure ..."Why line out doesnt deliver 255 automatically?!!! Is there a good reason? otherwise it would be worth contacting iBasso, wouldnt it?
I cant believe in this config a different battery (bigger) would improve the sound ... not be offensive but this sounds a bit like BS, maybe it isnt ...   Anyhow, stock battery can hold 5 to 6 hours like my spare Samsung but the big difference is that the Samsung will retain its load when the DX90 is powered off, where the stock one will loose one or 2 "bars" when I switch it back in the morning! :-( So I decided to keep the standard S3 battery. Autonomy is not that...
Talking about batteries (will report on sound and stuff later on), since my DX90 must be delivering around 6 hours, this is not much, I have been trying some "genuine" S3 battery (from eBay, not the ceapest ones) and it is pretty hard to make sure you are not getting a fake (or am I?). I am testing right now how long they all last including the one supplied with my DX90, branded PISEN. I just found this interesting article...