Posts by Somnambulist

Subbed. Even though I have 2 CIEMs now I'm always curious (prefer taking my silicone customs on the commute as the MG6 Pros are vented and let in too much noise on the Tube etc but miss their low end - wouldn't mind a compromise!).
On the latest firmware, can't hear any difference with the Event Opals I use it for.
May be of some use to people when it comes to thinking about how you amp them:#442 
Dropped my keys on mine today and took a gouge out of the screen protector... oh well time for it to come off - I never liked it anyway, one of those grainy matte jobs. Better be ultra careful with it from now on though (he said, having dropped it onto concrete twice).
Not to keep derailing the thread...but... That site I linked (MagicLX521.com which is based in Germany) sell the full kit for the speakers - you have to assemble it yourself but it's super easy (stick A into B, plug B into C etc) -  don't think you even need a screwdriver!
 Try here - EU vendor selling all the parts for the LX521 (Linkwitz's flagship speaker) and the LXMini.http://www.magiclx521.com/index.html The Mini has the advantage over the Pluto that you can just amp it yourself (requires 2x2 channels) rather than needing a DIY board and the crossovers etc are done via a MiniDSP in a box.
Mine fell out of my pocket today. Fell about 5ft onto concrete. Heard a load whack. Feared the worst. It had landed dead on the corner but apart from chipping/abrasion to the casing, the thing still works fine. Tank.
Yeah being from the UK, Toxic Cables would be on the list - I met him at one of the London shows a while back, nice guy.
It's actually not, hilariously. The electronics guy went kind of AWOL for ages and combined with Linkwitz coming out with the LXMini, we've decided to hold off on the build, then we'll adapt the Pluto electronics as per instructions for the LXMini and finish the physical build (it uses the same woofer but a different tweeter and the design is slightly different. We are rubbish though, we concede - it's embarrassing we haven't made them...