Posts by brianlg

Thanks to all of you. I have been doing quite a bit of research, and asking for opinions. I am sure I will find something. Guess it will be beneficial for me to map out everything that I need/want to do with the laptop and go from there.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice new laptop that would be perfect for listening to and producing music? Something to plug in a synthesizer, preamps, nice set of headphones, etc?   Hopefully something fairly new / recent. With haswell, long battery life, and LIGHT. In the 12-14" range.
Good to know. I'd like to see what he has to say too if he happens to see this. Also, any recommended amps for these? Will be using phone, and computer for most listening
I am strongly considering these. Is it worth it to pay more for the ES5s? Or are the 3s perfectly fine? Anyone tried both?
Any recommendations on Westone? A local audiologist will fit this brand for me. ES5 vs ES3X? Good preamps for them?
Thanks Kim. I will still do some research. I'm thinking I want to spend around $600-700 for a nice fitted pair. If anyone else has suggestions, please post.
Thanks Kim. I will still do some research. I'm thinking I want to spend around $600-700 for a nice fitted pair. If anyone else has suggestions, please post.
Hello folks.   I have never owned/tested custom iems. I need advice on how to choose the right pair, since they can be fairly expensive. I have been looking at Ultimate Ear models, Cosmic Ears, etc.   What brands are very highly regarded? What are the best models out there? What specs am I looking for? How do I get fitted?   Some info about me : (please let me know what else I need to list in order for you to help recommend the perfect pair) - I want for...
Hmm.. I've heard nice things about the M2s, but they are a little out of my price range right now.  I may have to pick up a set of M1s!    Joker, you seem to be giving good information. Can you help me out real quick? Would these be my best bet for ~$50? I listen to a lot of electronic, experimental, ambient, and drone music. I also play some hip hop and indie too..    edit: just ordered the M2's!
Thanks. I think I might try them out and then possibly buy a little amp in the future if I feel the need. I just wish I could test them out before I buy em