Posts by MrJohnny

People see my akg 701s or Senns or Beyers and they are like. man those are sweet!. Im like furesure! they ask are they better than the beats? iim like hell yes!! But It depends on what YOU define better as. to them. more bass= better I tell them. No. They are wrong. they are like. Ok. ahhah i stump them. 
In headphones there is no real such this as surround sound for, You have 2 ears. and stereo is 2 channels. thats all the surround sound you can physically have! now if you add a 3rd channel MAYbe for a Low frequency For center. But thats about it. Surround sound speakers. are just in theory 2 channels but spread out around you.  REALLY good speakers spread apart really far can give u the effect as 5.1 surround sound.
Isolation. hmm Not soo good. hahah On the bus everyone can hear my music. But I dont care until someone tells me to turn it down. And outside.. on a busy street i can hear stuff But when im walkin around and its not too loud they are great!
I wear my AKg701 beyer dt990 and sennhieser hd580's and grados out side all the time!!..  Gotta show those beats lovers whats up!. and Its part of my style. Retro Feel. 
The Grados Get hella Loud! when blasted! and Who cares! IF you love your music you won't care if anyone can hear it!. All that matters is that you can and you can enjoy it!. Yes they Let sound it but at a point when you turn them up you wont hear anything but them. PS they are Great liL speakers when you put them around your neck, they are like a lil boom box!
Personally i would experiment with drivers and see if you can get a interim solution. Just don't ruin the wood. 
Time to steal them!
yes Grados are QUite bass heavy. they have alot of PUNCH. they sound like a boom box when they are put around your neck
The Vmodas have a TON of bass. IF you do the mod i created you can get More IMpact less flabby bass Alil more mids some interesting treble boosts and stuff but The vmods are QUite bass heavy. 
ooo Nothing better than 3 12 inch subs :)