Posts by Wrist-Fi

I've owned my fair share of DAPs, but the Clip+ is the first I've had that has a reputation for very high quality output. I got it yesterday, and just didn't want to fall asleep -- I didn't want to stop listening! The difference between going from my rockboxed Sansa c240 is like going from 160cbr to lossless -- the level of clarity, crispness and overall immersion was nothing short of amazing to me. I've been meaning to make the upgrade for a while, and am very happy I...
Latest firmware enhances support for gapless. Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.13 - Sansa Clip+ - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community As far as I can tell it only improves gapless on Lame mp3s, and others in the thread above seem to have no issues with Flac gapless, but updating your firmware is pretty painless and is almost always a good idea because improvements are continually made across the board. So it can't hurt to try. I'm loving the version of rockbox...
I use my IEMs all the time. Sometimes when I've had them in my ears for an extended listening session, one will begin to hurt. Likely it's a bacterial infection, because if I really want to continue listening, just a little bit of antibacterial hand gel on my CX's silicone tip, and a little in my ear applied with a Q-tip or my pinky, and my ear stops hurting. So that works for disinfecting my ears as occasionally needed. Regular Q-tips do the job for the usual wax...
I am in a similar situation with a similar IEM -- I have the CX-400s. I love the sound. These were an upgrade from EP-630s, which were the first IEMs I'd ever tried, maybe about 4 years ago...when I finally got the right fit I was completely blown away by the overall sound, especially the bass. Like I had just put little subwoofers in my ears, damn! Until that moment I had always equated IEM's with earbuds which I had tried once or twice over the years, they seemed...