Posts by Wrist-Fi

Quote: Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post Coincidentally, I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 as a second OS. It's fun to play around in, but no Foobar makes me sad and a terrible college internet connection makes the installing of everything I need slow. Anyway, I'm on W7 95% of the time (previously 100%) with Chrome and Avira AV and no problems yet. Is it any coincidence that I'm using AdBlock? Quote: Originally Posted by...
On the topic of sleep, that's something I'm trying to get back to, but I remember seeing this thread: Value Outer-Canal Phone (CX-95, EX-71, EP-630, etc.)? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio The only ones I can speak for personally are the cx300/ep630 and the cx400, which are in my ears at the moment. They have a reputation for comfort which I think is well-deserved (the silicone tips being especially soft is part of it), are low-profile and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragunov-21 ^^Those weren't CD rips, they were separate WAVs exported from a tone generator, and the crackling wasn't during playback, but rather during between one file finishing and the next beginning. Didn't know if it was relevant or not, but was curious about it. Another member has noted "grain" in mids on the Clip+ in another thread, so it may just be the Clip+ itself... In which case I might just have to try rockbox...
Quote: *EDIT* Also, listened to some straight sine-wave tones from 30Hz to 20kHz and it crackled like hell for a moment between each 3sec file, in both pairs of phones, from both laptop and Clip+... Is that normal? So if I understand you correctly, you are saying the problem is reproduced exactly regardless of source (laptop/clip) or headphone? Looks like it's time to re-rip those CDs with EAC in secure mode. In my experience poorly ripped CDs tend to...
So now the next candidate for FOTM goes for $2.23 per ear...shipped? I didn't think times were still that bad. Hey sorry, but you read about handing over a 5 dollar bill for a pair of headphones that will still leave you enough change left over for a pack of gum, somebody is going to say something Seriously though robjrock, thanks for the writeup/reminder. These are easily overlooked, but at the very least, I think they'd be great to toss in the glove...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhythmdevils I don't know what sum1 means sum1 is user that was once a legend in these forums. Think of the Dos Equis guy when it comes to headphones, and you'll get the picture. Everyone around here once tried to coax him out of his seclusion, but after just a few brilliant reviews, he went JD Sallinger on us. Mostly, we've learned to adjust to the great vacuum his absence has left us with, but every now and then...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kees Clip offs....
I like my KSC-35's/75s, but I've had some pretty painful step on the cord moments with them too. I dunno, these do look interesting, but also sort of...dangerous? Not that there would ever be any risk of any real damage, but I can't deny the song "Stuck in the Middle With You" comes readily to mind when thinking of snagging the cord with these on my ears.
Quote: Originally Posted by slowpickr A small fire cracker will dislodge even the most stubborn wax build up. Quote: FUN THINGS YOU CAN TRY Put an atom bomb in your nose, go to a party and take out a handkerchief. Then pretend to blow your nose, simul- taneously triggering the bomb. from Steve Martin's "Cruel Shoes" Even better, an aurally-inserted thermonuclear device saves considerable time by doing a fairly...
Quote: Originally Posted by JxK Apparently Denon actually sells an "audiophile" Ethernet Cable!! It only costs a mere $500. I'm sure those 1s and 0s really give a damn... I really appreciate the direct Denon link as I was just about to drop 2500 for the used one on Amazon. So I just saved 2,000 -- wow, thank you! Please, next time title this thread, "Click here NOW to save 2000 dollars on a 59 inch ethernet cable," of course then people...